Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Step Away

The Markets Have NEVER Done This Before- Watch the Signs

I haven't paid attention to the market for a long time knowing it is artificially propped up, but this huge lull with virtually no volume perked up my senses.  

The Markets Have NEVER Done This Before- Watch the Signs

Published on Aug 8, 2017    A fascinating statistic about the current no-vol state of the market, courtesy of Deutsche's Jim Reid, who points out that the last time we had 13 consecutive days in which the S&P moved less than 0.3% in either direction was... never:

(short 1:54 min)

Dr. Evil    1,661

I'm picking Sep-Oct, just cos that's when it usually happens. For a reason I don't yet understand...

But hard to envisage it'll last much longer.

What's Trump's business specialty?

Bankruptcy management.

2 hours ago, One Step Away said:

I haven't paid attention to the market for a long time knowing it is artificially propped up, but this huge lull with virtually no volume perked up my senses.  

The Markets Have NEVER Done This Before- Watch the Signs

Published on Aug 8, 2017    A fascinating statistic about the current no-vol state of the market, courtesy of Deutsche's Jim Reid, who points out that the last time we had 13 consecutive days in which the S&P moved less than 0.3% in either direction was... never:

(short 1:54 min)

Probably in the Matrix forgot to change the program:)

Osgrot    274

Ominous signs, but who knows how long they can keep the plates spinning before the inevitable...

Tarmalen    1,310
1 minute ago, Osgrot said:

Ominous signs, but who knows how long they can keep the plates spinning before the inevitable...

As a human who spins many plates with automation I will put forth that as long as everyone is in agreement and nobody kicks the plate spinners we can keep this going indefinitely.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

I'm picking Sep-Oct, just cos that's when it usually happens. For a reason I don't yet understand.

Yes those months historically are known for market crashes! I've been trying to research why they're always called "black", not red ...? (If anyone knows I'd love to hear why!)

Me thinks this may be the "Black Horse" coming out of the gates ... 

Tarmalen    1,310
Just now, One Step Away said:

Yes those months historically are known for market crashes! I've been trying to research why they're always called "black", not red ...? (If anyone knows I'd love to hear why!)

Me thinks this may be the "Black Horse" coming out of the gates ... 

Had to do with ink color when keeping books back in the old days.

Red = debt

Black = profit

Chanel    34
32 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

Had to do with ink color when keeping books back in the old days.

Red = debt

Black = profit

I use a red pen just for that on checks for bills