Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

This is heading towards North Korea as we speak? | Verified as old!

Ukshep    20,051

?? 2 strike groups?

Fleet Assembly For Amphibibious Landing On North Korea - New 2017

^^ title... not sure what this is exactly!

COBO Member    3,350

Hard to tell from the distance and haze. But it doesn't appear to be a US fleet, best I can tell.

Ukshep    20,051
Just now, COBO Member said:

Hard to tell from the distance and haze. But it doesn't appear to be a US fleet, best I can tell.

Ok... Wish I could have added more myself but found it while perusing. So limited info!

COBO Member    3,350

I might have to backpedal here. The ship that looks like a skinny aircraft carrier could well be the USS Boxer (LHD-4)

Ukshep    20,051
3 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

I might have to backpedal here. The ship that looks like a skinny aircraft carrier could well be the USS Boxer (LHD-4)

Dang... Ok... Could be something to this then :(

COBO Member    3,350
2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Dang... Ok... Could be something to this then :(

Possibly. But that's a helluva fleet for an amphib op. Yuuuge!

And I'm 99.9% certain that's the Boxer.

The Gent    861
5 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Possibly. But that's a helluva fleet for an amphib op. Yuuuge!

Was thinking the same thing!

Edit:

Wasn't the 7th just doing joint exercises with SK & Japan awhile back in the area?

C.O.W.    204

Were there any troop carriers in the small armada, couldn't see any...?

If this is actually heading to the NK peninsula it is on the time frame predicted and should be active by Christmas 2017

This mass of ships and subs (not seen)  would represent over 30% of the US naval power, now add that to what's in the ME, then Nato.  US is spreading themselves thin. This was my concern as China and Russia encircle the Peninsula with naval, artillery, missile batteries, and air support, how can this be just about NK?   I still smell a trap, but would welcome a serious challenge to what could be a loss surpassing Pearl Harbour.

Final note:  There are no indicators this video is anything other than promotional and could have been taken during any of the recent Naval exercises, would love to have this verified. 

COBO Member    3,350
1 minute ago, The Gent said:

Was thinking the same thing!

Just wish it was clear enough to see what's on the flight deck. The LHD class is another type of "Gator Freighter" delivering Marines and all their equipment. The "tailgate" drops down to unload amphib assault craft including LCACs and the flight deck can handle big CH-53s.