Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Evil

Today's Nuclear North Korea Is Yesterday's China: Lessons From History

Dr. Evil    1,422

North Korea’s recent successful intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) tests have put Pyongyang on the cusp of having the means to credibly threaten the continental United States with a nuclear strike. The Trump administration has vowed to “not allow” North Korea to continue on its “destructive path” but so far has not put forth specific new policies to stop Pyongyang. Since the latest test, several senior administration officials have stepped up their rhetoric, labeling the DPRK as the most urgent threat facing the United States and stating that it is “unimaginable” to allow North Korea to have the capability to attack the U.S. mainland.

As U.S. policymakers ponder how to deal with North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs, it is important to remember that we are not in uncharted territory. The United States found itself in a similar situation more than 50 years ago, when faced with the prospect of Maoist China going nuclear. Then as now, experts questioned if rational decision makers were behind the nuclear controls of a reclusive communist state and military options — no matter how risky — were seriously considered. Despite initially having great fears about the prospect of a nuclear China, both the Kennedy and the Johnson administrations came to realize that China’s modest nuclear arsenal failed to alter the underlying balance of power in East Asia or undermine the confidence of U.S. allies in the credibility of Washington’s security guarantees. And even though nuclear-armed China continued to champion global revolutionary causes and provide direct military assistance to North Vietnam against the United States, Chinese rhetoric on nuclear weapons gradually moderated and began to show evidence of calculated restraint vis-à-vis the United States.

<snip>

In reality, China’s belligerent rhetoric was a strategic bluff to compensate for the great disparity between China and the two superpowers in nuclear capabilities. When looking today at uncannily similar boasts by North Korean state press that their country is now “a strong nuclear power state” and has “a very powerful ICBM that can strike any place in the world” it is important to remember that North Korea continues to have a small nuclear arsenal, has no second strike capability, and will never be able to shift the military power balance in the region on its own. North Korean saber rattling is a screen to deflect from the regime’s weakness and fear of the future.

http://thediplomat.com/2017/08/todays-nuclear-north-korea-is-yesterdays-china-lessons-from-history/

History repeats, when you forget it.

The Gent    829
16 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

History repeats, when you forget it.

That's a fact...and more recently it's apparent not only is it being forgotten..but destroyed as well.

:clap1:

Dr. Evil    1,422
7 minutes ago, The Gent said:

That's a fact...and more recently it's apparent not only is it being forgotten..but destroyed as well.

Deliberately.

By the watchdogs themselves - the MSM as the first line against govt lies and they were held to account by academia if and when  they erred, which was frequently.

But no more.

Now, the party line and only the party line is parroted and people seem to imagine that's the truth because there's no objection. And when I say the party line I mean we're presented with the proposal and the opposition says it terrible but there's no analysis, no insight, nothing but endless repetition of two legs good, four legs bad, night after night.

What's happened to the education, I wonder, of those who grew up in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and even early 80's. This vapourous response didn't start getting really bad till the 90's. But there's still plenty of us round with "proper" education. What's happened to the commonsense of all of those people, as they witness all of this befall their children and grandchildren yet evidently from their actions, prefer to remain ensconced in their safe, comfortable little cocoons...

Where's the outcry, as commonsense itself passes out of common practice.

The Gent    829
1 hour ago, Dr. Evil said:

Deliberately.

By the watchdogs themselves - the MSM as the first line against govt lies and they were held to account by academia if and when  they erred, which was frequently.

But no more.

Now, the party line and only the party line is parroted and people seem to imagine that's the truth because there's no objection. And when I say the party line I mean we're presented with the proposal and the opposition says it terrible but there's no analysis, no insight, nothing but endless repetition of two legs good, four legs bad, night after night.

What's happened to the education, I wonder, of those who grew up in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and even early 80's. This vapourous response didn't start getting really bad till the 90's. But there's still plenty of us round with "proper" education. What's happened to the commonsense of all of those people, as they witness all of this befall their children and grandchildren yet evidently from their actions, prefer to remain ensconced in their safe, comfortable little cocoons...

Where's the outcry, as commonsense itself passes out of common practice.

I ask myself and others around me (who will listen) basically the same...What the Hell Happened?

I enter this world in the mid-50's...seen several movements/swings as they should generational speaking..but somewhere in the late 80's and forward....Common Sense, Reasoning, etc. exited stage left, as for Education...govt. took over and teachers were reeducated or replaced with a newer improved version....even college level it seems, with some of the stupidity I heard lately coming from the lips of Professors & other Academia sources. 

As for us from my generation...trying to educate and explain why we should embrace history, or how we should always use sound reasoning & good ol' common sense....many times we're shut-down or slammed with the "Blame The BabyBoomers" social programming ...I actually watch that think-tank project/agenda programing injected into the social vein via a video from YT years ago...but when I really look into that project/agenda...some of the subject in that video.....was based on academia teachings or opinions!   

Just my thoughts and opinion in the wee hours....I'll close with :pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

The Best Obituary Ever Written In A Newspaper  

COBO Member    2,836
2 hours ago, The Gent said:

I ask myself and others around me (who will listen) basically the same...What the Hell Happened?

I enter this world in the mid-50's...seen several movements/swings as they should generational speaking..but somewhere in the late 80's and forward....Common Sense, Reasoning, etc. exited stage left, as for Education...govt. took over and teachers were reeducated or replaced with a newer improved version....even college level it seems, with some of the stupidity I heard lately coming from the lips of Professors & other Academia sources. 

As for us from my generation...trying to educate and explain why we should embrace history, or how we should always use sound reasoning & good ol' common sense....many times we're shut-down or slammed with the "Blame The BabyBoomers" social programming ...I actually watch that think-tank project/agenda programing injected into the social vein via a video from YT years ago...but when I really look into that project/agenda...some of the subject in that video.....was based on academia teachings or opinions!   

Just my thoughts and opinion in the wee hours....I'll close with :pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

The Best Obituary Ever Written In A Newspaper  

Sounds like you and I are reeeaal close to the same age. I remember too well when my hometown got surrounded with MMII silos in 63 and of course JFK's assassination. Of course I didn't grasp the real importance of either event until years later.

The Gent    829
6 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Sounds like you and I are reeeaal close to the same age. I remember too well when my hometown got surrounded with MMII silos in 63 and of course JFK's assassination. Of course I didn't grasp the real importance of either event until years later.

62 years young...:wootrock:

Yeah, being from Dallas...(moved to Louisiana in late 60's)...I will always Remember The 22nd Of November

Being 8 years old and everyone (Grown Ups), even the men crying, after standing there and watching it unfold live on TV....scared the shit out of kids more than a horror movie in those days...The grown ups crying and the fear in their eyes & voices....yes sir, that day will stay with me till death.

To this day....I truly believe that's the day everything changed!

COBO Member    2,836

Ok...you've got a few months on me (12/55). But yeah, like 9/11, everyone that was alive then remembers exactly where they were that day. For a pound of comedy with an equal amount of truth, Bill Hicks (search YT) did an incredible stand-up routine absolutely destroying the official story.

Makes you wonder where we'd be today if he, RFK, and JFK Jr hadn't met their fates.

sybdragon    1,369

In the late 1980s, in Dallas, the schools could not fail the child if the parents did not agree. So if the child failed 2nd grade, the parent could tell the school that was unacceptable and their child was to go to 3rd grade. And it happened. I watched it happen as I had a friend who did that to her child. She said her child was not going to be kept back because that would make her older than her classmates and would hurt the child's social life. I was shocked but it wasn't my kid who couldn't read so... The kid never did do well in school. She didn't know how to do the work in the higher grades and it just got worse and worse until the kid dropped out at 16. 

The schools have been messed up for a while now. And it's not going to get any better either. They do not want rational, thinking people. They want drones. And they are getting them by handing those idiots electronic devices as babies. It's creating problems. Teen suicide is higher than it's ever been. Such lonely folk for being so 'connected' to lots and lots of people. They can not communicate without their little electronic idiot box. Nice world. Feel sorry for the generation this electronic generation births. They are going to be very sick and nasty people. I am glad I am a boomer and older so I will not be here when these idiots get old enough to start making real changes to life... I am thankful I am not them... I still have a brain. At least I think so... Might not... Naw, I got a small brain, tiny but it works most of the time. At least I want to think it does. I could be wrong.  I am a lot it seems. Dang it.  :gsbrnint:

That common sense poem was so correct.... Sad to see too. 

COBO Member    2,836
20 minutes ago, Siddrix said:

Assuming NK got their missile tech from China...how did China get their missile tech? (Extra points if you remember how the $$$ was transferred)

Dr. Evil    1,422
4 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Assuming NK got their missile tech from China...how did China get their missile tech? (Extra points if you remember how the $$$ was transferred)

They're currently getting their surveillance tech from Israel so how do we know they didn't give them the nukes as well?

Jump To Top