Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

When is the government going to force people to buy burial/cremation insurance?

Cinnamon    23,150

People get sick, sometimes they don't. Some people never go to a doctor their entire lives. Yet, we are all forced to pay for insurance whether we have it or not. I was just thinking... at what point will the government say that too many people are not insured for dying and force that on us? Or are the funeral homes too weak and divided, as in individual ownership and too small to be a driving force behind that, like the health insurers and big pharma with their lobbyists?  You're not guaranteed to get sick, but it's guaranteed we will all die at some point. 

Wait for it, its coming. I'm guessing someone is sitting in a dark little hidey hole in a government office writing up a law about this right now. lol 

apache54    4,942

AGREED,

i have been waiting for this one, ONLY reason it has not happened yet is because they have NOT paid enough lobbying monies to corrupt politicians to pass the appropriate laws!!

Curenado    966

They are, its called obamacare and comes with health "plan" and disposition. Besides, fema already has that going and fema is already posh on our money, can not charge more for what they are already paid......yet anyway.....

Pilgrim    46

I've casually considered going into the cremation business.  But, even though it's a Free Country, you know, there are LOTS of laws that say what and Who can and cannot do something.  You can't just set up the Barbie in the back yard and go into business.  You do have to be approved by a state panel of (you guessed it) Mortitians.

Ukshep    20,218

Pay for them to put us in the ground you mean? no thanks!

RetiredRogue    139

I believe the funeral homes are charging us already. Example my father passed away in 2014 at age 95. We picked out a nice plain vanilla casket that would hold up to the issue of "not" having to buy a vault to, because the casket metal being to thin.   And since he had outlived all of his friends and my Mother we had a military graveside service, cost was well ove $10,000.                                                                                                                                        So I believe the funeral homes are padding there costs to help take care of themselves and others.                                                                                   Also, I went to a funeral in Oklahoma City of a man my brother and I knew. It was a complete Christ-less funeral including the music and the certified funeral celebrant,  that's what it said, on her badge. Yes a "Certified Celebrant..........She was grinning like a possum eating snow all thru the funeral service. You'd  thought this man was her rich Uncle and left her a lot of money.  

People are just dying to get in.

With ObamaCare you can't afford to be alive, and funerals you can't afford to be dead, but you'll still pay taxes regardless.  Yes, I'll take a Cadillac plan...:blink:

Well let's take our business underground shall we?

Apparently the Catholics are real big on the whole marriage and funeral ceremony usually all on the same day...want us to owe it all to them.

Just wait for someone to decide whether based on money, if it's time for you to go, not based on your condition.  

I thought that was called life insurance...but of course it's not for when you're alive, it's for when you're dead and everyone else has to deal with what you left behind.