Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malevolent

Must-See Documentary Reveals Dangers of Smart Meters

Malevolent    2,795

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/08/05/smart-meter-dangers.aspx

‘The smart grid promised to deliver enhanced energy security, greenhouse gas reductions, improved air quality and increased grid asset utilization. While this sounds good in theory, Levitt points out that there are many technical problems with the smart grid, and with the meters. Hundreds have caught fire. Most are installed by poorly trained employees without electrical degrees. Some have nothing more than a two-week training course under their belt.

Money, of course, is part of the equation. According to the film, some $11 billion of taxpayers’ monies have gone to fund the smart grid rollout. Estimates suggested building this grid could lead to a 4 percent reduction in energy usage by 2030, but real-world evidence shows smart meters result in no energy savings at all. According to a senior assistant to the attorney general for public utilities in Illinois, Susan Satter, “The report shows zero statistically different result in usage, compared to business as usual.”

In fact, real-world evidence shows the smart grid has artificially raised energy usage, resulting in thousands of homeowners complaining of ludicrous overcharges. In one instance, a homeowner’s bill went from $350 to more than $1,100 in the month following the installation of a smart meter. The power company, PG & E, insisted the smart meter was working properly.’

Story at-a-glance

The smart grid promised to enhance energy security and reduce energy usage. In reality, 80 percent of households that have received a smart meter report increases on their utility bill

Thousands of people complain of health problems developing shortly after receiving a smart meter on their home. In some cases, blood tests confirm suspicions that RF radiation has impacted health

The smart grid is part of a clandestine surveillance network, violating privacy rights and posing an unprecedented cybersecurity problem

Ukshep    19,880

Always good to catch up on. Currently having issues with my supplier. They are attempting to force a switch to smart meters. I thought we had one but we do not :) so I am fighting them... but they make it hard when they keep screwing with the meter and make it appear like its broke...

I told them I knew what they were doing only last week. And within 15 minutes my meter was working again...

Smart Meters make me feel all fuzzy, unhealthy, weird. However, the weird part may just be hereditary

I'm learning that anything labeled as smart in this daze & age is usually dumb. IE: Smart Phones - Smart Appliances, Smart Meters, Smart this... smart that... Smart Chicken?lol? Next thing you know they'll offer a smart device to assist in the silencing of your toots. They'll call it the Smart Fart :gsbrnint:

All this stuff created  to assist (them) in the viewing and listening of you and your loved ones. All the newer stupid stuff offered is simply to keep the masses in the con$umer loop and under (their) constant surveillance. Throw away all your perfectly working old crap and buy some new crap that can spy on you just a little bit better, I suppose.

Needless to say... Watching an LCD Readout is boring. I prefer the old school spinners. Watching those go round & round can be quite entertaining... Especially when the AC is running :nodl:

RetiredRogue    139

I've been reading about smart meters for years and here's what I've come up with: they save Electrical Companies millions of dollars of savings they don't have to send meter readers around to every home. I use to work for OG&E in Oklahoma City back in the 60's when I was out of high school, so I know what I talking about. Smart meters emit signals which are harmful to humans, My home in Missouri the meter is just outside my kitchen stove. I'm single so that's not a  problem, all of my bedrooms are on the other side of my house. The electrical companies want you to get a FREE smart thermostat which means they can control the heat and air conditioner, SO DON'T do it. All of our NEW appliances have smart cards in them so they can be controlled  by the smart meters.  My winter home has smart meter too. We are up the preverbable creek.......   

apache54    4,822

BEST IF you put a emf cage over your meter, I have posted before on how to build your own and mine has been on for a coupe of years now! plenty of u-tube vids on how to build them!

Cinnamon    22,791
4 hours ago, RetiredRogue said:

The electrical companies want you to get a FREE smart thermostat which means they can control the heat and air conditioner, SO DON'T do it.

Haha, they tried that with me. They would have to come inside to install it. I was like, are you nuts? Temps go as high as 116 degrees here in summer and no one is going to touch that thermostat but me. 

apache54    4,822
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Haha, they tried that with me. They would have to come inside to install it. I was like, are you nuts? Temps go as high as 116 degrees here in summer and no one is going to touch that thermostat but me. 

also they are data mining your house while they are at it!!

7 hours ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

Smart Meters make me feel all fuzzy, unhealthy, weird. However, the weird part may just be hereditary

I'm learning that anything labeled as smart in this daze & age is usually dumb. IE: Smart Phones - Smart Appliances, Smart Meters, Smart this... smart that... Smart Chicken?lol? Next thing you know they'll offer a smart device to assist in the silencing of your toots. They'll call it the Smart Fart :gsbrnint:

All this stuff created  to assist (them) in the viewing and listening of you and your loved ones. All the newer stupid stuff offered is simply to keep the masses in the con$umer loop and under (their) constant surveillance. Throw away all your perfectly working old crap and buy some new crap that can spy on you just a little bit better, I suppose.

Needless to say... Watching an LCD Readout is boring. I prefer the old school spinners. Watching those go round & round can be quite entertaining... Especially when the AC is running :nodl:

Just try to fix any of that smart stuff ... oh but you'll have to remain our customer for at least another x years to pay it down at premium prices.  

Even the smart asses in CONgress aren't that smart.

57 minutes ago, counterintelligence said:

Just try to fix any of that smart stuff ... oh but you'll have to remain our customer for at least another x years to pay it down at premium prices.  

Even the smart asses in CONgress aren't that smart.

As Ron White has said... "You Can't Fix Stupid"

Hung Likable    156

A colleague of mine lives in an apartment block in the city and they switched all the units to smart meters.  Her monthly bill went from about $50 to about $400.  A lot of people in her apartment complex had the same experience and complained for a few months, whereas others saw their bills drop a lot.  I told her they probably have the wrong apartments hooked to the wrong units.  They came and checked after 4 months of complaints and "fixed something" because most bills sort of went back to normal, but they never said what the issue was and never refunded the overcharges to the affected apartments.  In the end most people ended up with about a 30% increase in their bills on average.

I'm in a coop in the country and they wanted to install the meter nannies here but we voted to only let them install units that shared usage info after the fact and rejected any increase an rates during any time periods, so in the end we dropped our own rates thru the meters we approved because now we don't have to pay some dude to read them each month.