Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Making extra money in hard times (Ideas) Share them here, someone could use some extra cash

Cinnamon    20,021

I like being artistic and I love wood. So I think I am going to try and make some signs and sell them. Or some designs, like dolphines etc. and see if I can sell them to the rich people. lol

I already know how to do plaster and have a unique paint job for that. Is it time to get creative and make some $ at the same time? 

Do you have any ideas for a small business where some cash could be made?  

I think the trick is to make sure that you can do the labor and sell factory direct, you are the factory.

How about selling starts for tomatoes and other plants in springtime, heirlooms are at a premium, especially healthy ones! 

Let's figure out how to become part time or maybe even full time entrepreneurs. 

I know people who sell flowers and make a ton of cash at it. They even got big enough to have a greenhouse or two and sell them in baskets. 

The trick is small initial investment and using your own labor for as long as you can. And you could say: Made In U.S.A or whatever your home country is.

This is highly related to current events, because as much as the government tries to pretend all is well, it's not. 

Cinnamon    20,021

The hardest part in doing something like what I mentioned above is marketing your product. You have to spend as much time trying to sell it (at first) as you do creating it. 

LuckyBolt    1,179

You should start a website selling prep kits.  Make it easy.

This way you can get wholesale preps, then COP members get a discount ;)

Cinnamon    20,021
1 minute ago, Doomy Tunes said:

Any Swift programmers?

Swift, no, but there's enough free info you should be able to learn it yourself. 

What I know about SWIFT is that it is how people are tracked through the Patriot Act. Like me. lol  

Cinnamon    20,021
2 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

You should start a website selling prep kits.  Make it easy.

This way you can get wholesale preps, then COP members get a discount ;)

People love buying kits! And they sell for a lot more because of convenience. 

EDIT: But all the pepper sites already sell that. 

RabidWolf    1,064
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The hardest part in doing something like what I mentioned above is marketing your product. You have to spend as much time trying to sell it (at first) as you do creating it. 

Selling handmade items on consignment is a great starting point, so long as you find a place with people that you can trust. I sell some things on consignment at a nicknack shop in a tourist area. They charge quite a bit (30% of the retail price) but then again, it is their store space, their overhead, their advertising. and I don't have to run to the post office all the time. messing around with shipping 

Wood carving or wood burning (if you have artistic skill and make unique things) can sell like hotcakes even at well marked up prices if you know the kind of people who frequent the shop or the website you sell from.

Talking with shop owners about their regular customer's interests can help you craft items that would likely sell in that area as well.

Cinnamon    20,021
1 minute ago, RabidWolf said:

Selling handmade items on consignment is a great starting point, so long as you find a place with people that you can trust. I sell some things on consignment at a nicknack shop in a tourist area. They charge quite a bit (30% of the retail price) but then again, it is their store space, their overhead, their advertising. and I don't have to run to the post office all the time. messing around with shipping 

Wood carving or wood burning (if you have artistic skill and make unique things) can sell like hotcakes even at well marked up prices if you know the kind of people who frequent the shop or the website you sell from.

Talking with shop owners about their regular customer's interests can help you craft items that would likely sell in that area as well.

One thing about consignment, if you have a product that is not easily damaged, it works out a lot better. No one ever wants to pay damages. 

RabidWolf    1,064

Also, simple embellishment in wooden art/crafts like adding different materials as decoration can add that extra "bling" some folks are looking for.

Wooden crafts look quite nice with a little silver wire here, some gold leaf there, semiprecious gemstones or feathers attached around it, et cetera... :)  

Cinnamon    20,021
Just now, RabidWolf said:

Also, simple embellishment in wooden art/crafts like adding different materials as decoration can add that extra "bling" some folks are looking for.

Wooden crafts look quite nice with a little silver wire here, some gold leaf there, semiprecious gemstones or feathers attached around it, et cetera... :)  

You're making me want to do this, I have a really nice wood plank, made of elm that is just waiting for something. Oh, also you can make clocks really easy. Just take a piece of wood and make it rounded on the edges, top and bottom, add some bling, like seashells etc or whatever theme you want and add clock works. You can get those cheap in bulk and the hands, easy to do. And one of a kind items. 

LuckyBolt    1,179
9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

People love buying kits! And they sell for a lot more because of convenience. 

EDIT: But all the pepper sites already sell that. 

There are thousands of ways to make money.  Find something you're really passionate about and can talk for hours on.
I think your area would be conspiracy/preps/holistic stuff.

Also, forecasting what type of market will be around help.  I think the lot of us are on the same page when I can say the forecast isn't so bright.  Make something or sell shit that you know people will buy in hard times.  Flowers, crafts and other luxuries don't do too hot.

Cinnamon    20,021
1 minute ago, LuckyBolt said:

There are thousands of ways to make money.  Find something you're really passionate about and can talk for hours on.
I think you're area would be conspiracy/preps/holistic stuff.

Also, forecasting what type of market will be around help.  I think the lot of us are on the same page when I can say the forecast isn't so bright.  Make something or sell shit that you know people will buy in hard times.  Flowers, crafts and other luxuries don't do too hot.

Nah, I think I'm more into the veggie starts. I can grow heirlooms easily from seed and food is always in demand. The thing with the holistic stuff, is people ingest it and if anything happened... huge liability. If the world still worked that is. 

Jump To Top