Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GritBusters

My Mandela Effect / Conspiracy Theorist / Sleep Apnea Origin Story

On 8/4/2017 at 7:18 PM, danraliegh said:

Not really, I will be releasing another article soon. It will help people to understand mental illnesses such as voice hearing, multiple personality disorder are also due to their technology. Even Jesus christ was a victim, all the Abramic religions are due to Egyptian technology. Demons are nothing more than AI's stimulating our brains by putting a person into an unconscious mind state. This is a double consciousnesses that we saw in ancient times and it grew into multiple consciousness where you see in MPD cases.

How very interesting. 

I was born in 1983 and my life was hobbled by a very severe case of sleep apnea that was never diagnosed till May of 2015.

I was found to have very severe sleep apnea with 100 AHI per hour.

The threshold for severe is 30 AHI, and so I was getting the equivalent to a few minutes of sleep per night.

The article below discusses a British man who had the worst case of the condition ever diagnosed in the UK: he "only" had 90 AHI and was sleeping the equivalent to 14 minutes a night:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2008/feb/08/health.sleepapnoea

Days before I went for my sleep study in 2015, I was mugged in broad daylight in an area close to my home with many public cameras and a very low crime rate. My cell phone was stolen, my glasses were smashed, and I ended up with a black eye. AFAIK, the crime remains unresolved.

Strangely enough, the very next day I won a tournament on PokerStars after having not played poker in 4 years and was able to purchase another flagship phone with my winnings.

Anyways, days after the study, I got a CPAP machine, and all of the problems I've had with cognition, with narcolepsy, with omnipresent fatigue, with stuttering, with solving complex problems and thinking on my feet, with speaking extemporaneously, and with expressing myself in French and in Spanish, all of which had previously been attributed to everything from learning disabilities to high-functioning autism, just disappeared within a week of my getting therapy and I felt divine or as though I have some sort of super-powers because my mind was just spinning with ideas like never before and my cognition was off the charges compared to what it had ever been in the past.

Unfortunately, in spite of my never previously having had any mental health problems, by the end of May of 2015, I was barely sleeping (due to my newfound manic energy), I was alternating between extreme euphoria and extreme paranoia, and I went into acute manic psychosis and lost touch with reality, leaning to weeks of hospitalization.

The first night that I was at the hospital, I heard an omnipresent demonic voice, something like a cross between Satan and Lord Voldemort, unceasingly repeat, in intervals 1 to 2 seconds, the name of a woman from my adolescence who would go on to become my girlfriend (there's another intertwining story hear that began in 2012 as well as a lot of weird stories and coincidences surrounding that woman and our relationship, both good and bad, but it's incidental to my main point) for a few months in late 2016 and early 2017. I also saw hallucinations of the second coming of Jesus Christ from outside of my hospital room. I had not never heard voices or seen hallucinations before, not on alcohol, not on cannabis, not on Salvia divinorum, not on psilocybin, and it's never happened since.

Anyways, I was not given a specific diagnosis at the time and was put on moderate doses of Seroquil, risperidone, and lorazepam (Ativan) that I continued even after my hospitalization due to the severity of my episode.

I could not stay awake with Seroquil, which made it professionally unviable, and it was quickly replaced with lithium, which I found odd because Seroquil is an atypical antipsychotic with strong sedative effects whereas lithium is a mood stabilizer that is not especially sedating, AFAIK.

The crash from the manic episode and the side-effects of the med left me cognitively weak, emotionally numb, excruciatingly bored even with stuff that I loved, barely able to take care of myself or get out of bed, and with a sex drive so damaged that I could not have an erection or an orgasm for 6 months. Meanwhile, I discovered the Mandela Effect in the summer of 2015, which when coupled with my other problems caused me to believe that the mugging that past May had killed me and sent me to Hell (a condition known as Cotard's Delusion) and to develop strong delusions of reference.

Obviously, I fell into severe depression and was consequently in the hospital again for 3 weeks in October and November of 2015. I was given a diagnosis of Bipolar I and was switched from risperidone to lurasidone (which didn't help) and assigned to an outpatient program consisting of group therapy (which helped somewhat, especially after I decided to stop taking pharmaceuticals in June of 2016) and a new psychiatrist (who was considerably better than my previous one, but whom I've since stopped seeing shortly after my completion of the group therapy program last November).

By June of 2016, the depression and other problems were not going away and I did some research on Google Scholar, discovering in medical literature that managing severe cases of sleep apnea that had gone unmanaged for an extended period of time can result in episodes of manic psychosis.

Armed with this in information, I decided to go against the advice of most of my family members, my psychiatrist, and the rest of my program's interdisciplinary care team and stop taking pharmaceuticals altogether.

I gradually started feeling better, and in mid-August, I had a wonderful vacation with my best friend.

By the end of October, my depression was gone, my cognition was close to what it was right after my having started CPAP in May of 2015 (only with no paranoia and only mild hypomania), my sex drive was back to what it had been before I had started taking meds, I dressed up for Halloween for the first time in 20 years and won first prize in my office's costume contest, and I was begin to lose weight due to dramatic reductions in sugar, alcohol, and caloric consumption.

There have been other challenges since then, particularly surrounding my relationship with my now-ex-girlfriend (see the bolded text above) and my post-Mandela Effect rejection of conventional atheism (I have a foot in both the Alien Earth and the heterodox Judeo-Christianity camps) and propensity for heterodox politics and left-wing conspiracy theories (i.e. the Bush Administration killed Paul Wellstone, the Clintons, Bushes, and Trumps are playing for the same neoconservative deep state cabal, the Americans and the Saudis intentionally caused the price of oil the crash for geopolitical reasons) but I feel as though a genie has been uncorked in me that will never be put back in the bottle.

Obviously, though, I still have unresolved concerns surrounding the Mandela Effect and its causes and consequences, the unsolved mugging and subsequent poker win and their proximity to my sleep study, my experiences at the two hospitals and with the psychiatric treatment I received (I firmly reject Bipolar 1 and consider my condition to have been a consequence of my CPAP therapy and the subsequent treatment I received for my acute psychosis), some shit surrounding my ex and our relationship, and a couple of things I've not gone into here, but I'm sure that if I can my eyes, ears, heart, and mind opened, I'll find the answers if and when they are meant to be found.

Oh yes, and a few months before my sleep study, a former colleague from a previous employer, a devout Christian and a chronic cannabis user who was working for the Salvation Army at the time, responded to my messaging him on Facebook with a message along the lines of "Watch for the Lion and the Eagle. Beware the Serpent and the Medusa". It may have been a dream, and we've not spoken since, but it's odd.

Cinnamon    22,993
19 minutes ago, GritBusters said:

How very interesting. 

I was born in 1983 and my life was hobbled by a very severe case of sleep apnea that was never diagnosed till May of 2015.

I was found to have very severe sleep apnea with 100 AHI per hour.

The threshold for severe is 30 AHI, and so I was getting the equivalent to a few minutes of sleep per night.

The article below discusses a British man who had the worst case of the condition ever diagnosed in the UK: he "only" had 90 AHI and was sleeping the equivalent to 14 minutes a night:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2008/feb/08/health.sleepapnoea

Days before I went for my sleep study in 2015, I was mugged in broad daylight in an area close to my home with many public cameras and a very low crime rate. My cell phone was stolen, my glasses were smashed, and I ended up with a black eye. AFAIK, the crime remains unresolved.

Strangely enough, the very next day I won a tournament on PokerStars after having not played poker in 4 years and was able to purchase another flagship phone with my winnings.

Anyways, days after the study, I got a CPAP machine, and all of the problems I've had with cognition, with narcolepsy, with omnipresent fatigue, with stuttering, with solving complex problems and thinking on my feet, with speaking extemporaneously, and with expressing myself in French and in Spanish, all of which had previously been attributed to everything from learning disabilities to high-functioning autism, just disappeared within a week of my getting therapy and I felt divine or as though I have some sort of super-powers because my mind was just spinning with ideas like never before and my cognition was off the charges compared to what it had ever been in the past.

Unfortunately, in spite of my never previously having had any mental health problems, by the end of May of 2015, I was barely sleeping (due to my newfound manic energy), I was alternating between extreme euphoria and extreme paranoia, and I went into acute manic psychosis and lost touch with reality, leaning to weeks of hospitalization.

The first night that I was at the hospital, I heard an omnipresent demonic voice, something like a cross between Satan and Lord Voldemort, unceasingly repeat, in intervals 1 to 2 seconds, the name of a woman from my adolescence who would go on to become my girlfriend (there's another intertwining story hear that began in 2012 as well as a lot of weird stories and coincidences surrounding that woman and our relationship, both good and bad, but it's incidental to my main point) for a few months in late 2016 and early 2017. I also saw hallucinations of the second coming of Jesus Christ from outside of my hospital room. I had not never heard voices or seen hallucinations before, not on alcohol, not on cannabis, not on Salvia divinorum, not on psilocybin, and it's never happened since.

Anyways, I was not given a specific diagnosis at the time and was put on moderate doses of Seroquil, risperidone, and lorazepam (Ativan) that I continued even after my hospitalization due to the severity of my episode.

I could not stay awake with Seroquil, which made it professionally unviable, and it was quickly replaced with lithium, which I found odd because Seroquil is an atypical antipsychotic with strong sedative effects whereas lithium is a mood stabilizer that is not especially sedating, AFAIK.

The crash from the manic episode and the side-effects of the med left me cognitively weak, emotionally numb, excruciatingly bored even with stuff that I loved, barely able to take care of myself or get out of bed, and with a sex drive so damaged that I could not have an erection or an orgasm for 6 months. Meanwhile, I discovered the Mandela Effect in the summer of 2015, which when coupled with my other problems caused me to believe that the mugging that past May had killed me and sent me to Hell (a condition known as Cotard's Delusion) and to develop strong delusions of reference.

Obviously, I fell into severe depression and was consequently in the hospital again for 3 weeks in October and November of 2015. I was given a diagnosis of Bipolar I and was switched from risperidone to lurasidone (which didn't help) and assigned to an outpatient program consisting of group therapy (which helped somewhat, especially after I decided to stop taking pharmaceuticals in June of 2016) and a new psychiatrist (who was considerably better than my previous one, but whom I've since stopped seeing shortly after my completion of the group therapy program last November).

By June of 2016, the depression and other problems were not going away and I did some research on Google Scholar, discovering in medical literature that managing severe cases of sleep apnea that had gone unmanaged for an extended period of time can result in episodes of manic psychosis.

Armed with this in information, I decided to go against the advice of most of my family members, my psychiatrist, and the rest of my program's interdisciplinary care team and stop taking pharmaceuticals altogether.

I gradually started feeling better, and in mid-August, I had a wonderful vacation with my best friend.

By the end of October, my depression was gone, my cognition was close to what it was right after my having started CPAP in May of 2015 (only with no paranoia and only mild hypomania), my sex drive was back to what it had been before I had started taking meds, I dressed up for Halloween for the first time in 20 years and won first prize in my office's costume contest, and I was begin to lose weight due to dramatic reductions in sugar, alcohol, and caloric consumption.

There have been other challenges since then, particularly surrounding my relationship with my now-ex-girlfriend (see the bolded text above) and my post-Mandela Effect rejection of conventional atheism (I have a foot in both the Alien Earth and the heterodox Judeo-Christianity camps) and propensity for heterodox politics and left-wing conspiracy theories (i.e. the Bush Administration killed Paul Wellstone, the Clintons, Bushes, and Trumps are playing for the same neoconservative deep state cabal, the Americans and the Saudis intentionally caused the price of oil the crash for geopolitical reasons) but I feel as though a genie has been uncorked in me that will never be put back in the bottle.

Obviously, though, I still have unresolved concerns surrounding the Mandela Effect and its causes and consequences, the unsolved mugging and subsequent poker win and their proximity to my sleep study, my experiences at the two hospitals and with the psychiatric treatment I received (I firmly reject Bipolar 1 and consider my condition to have been a consequence of my CPAP therapy and the subsequent treatment I received for my acute psychosis), some shit surrounding my ex and our relationship, and a couple of things I've not gone into here, but I'm sure that if I can my eyes, ears, heart, and mind opened, I'll find the answers if and when they are meant to be found.

Oh yes, and a few months before my sleep study, a former colleague from a previous employer, a devout Christian and a chronic cannabis user who was working for the Salvation Army at the time, responded to my messaging him on Facebook with a message along the lines of "Watch for the Lion and the Eagle. Beware the Serpent and the Medusa". It may have been a dream, and we've not spoken since, but it's odd.

Erm... ok