Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Thanky

Plastic Patch Bigger Than Mexico

Uncle Thanky    951

"News of the growing accumulation of microplastics comes as a study finds you're probably eating microplastics with your sea salt."

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/plastic-garbage-patch-bigger-than-mexico-discovered-south-pacific/

" “A team of scientists has confirmed the existence of another ocean garbage patch, this time in a remote area of the South Pacific. Unlike the famous patch in the northern Pacific Ocean, which has long been one of the world’s most recognizable symbols of pollution, the new patch is in an area that had previously been largely unstudied.

The high degree of plastic pollution was uncovered by captain Charles Moore and his team of volunteer researchers on a six-month voyage: ‘We discovered tremendous quantities of plastic. My initial impression is that our samples compared to what we were seeing in the North Pacific in 2007, so it’s about ten years behind,’ said Moore, who has worked to raise awareness about plastic pollution since he stumbled across the North Pacific patch while captaining a racing yacht in the 1990s. Moore says the southern patch could be as big as a million square kilometers, 1.5 times the size of Texas.” "

:grumph:

Dr. Evil    1,412

I wonder why it coalesces together? Just you'd think the currents would disperse it evenly but obviously, they don't. I wonder, if we understood the mechanics behind that, whether it's a way to gather and remove it.

And send the bill to the oil and chemical companies who paid the politicians to pass laws banning alternates like hemp. And bill the politicians as well, or their estate. Sorry kid, but your mom or dad shouldn't have been such an a-hole.

Uncle Thanky    951
1 hour ago, Dr. Evil said:

And send the bill to the oil and chemical companies who paid the politicians to pass laws banning alternates like hemp. And bill the politicians as well, or their estate. Sorry kid, but your mom or dad shouldn't have been such an a-hole.

:iagree::nodl:

kbet    795
8 hours ago, Dr. Evil said:

I wonder why it coalesces together? Just you'd think the currents would disperse it evenly but obviously, they don't. I wonder, if we understood the mechanics behind that, whether it's a way to gather and remove it.

It is the Asian countries, alot of the time they just dump their garbage into the ocean.

Dr. Evil    1,412
2 hours ago, kbet said:

It is the Asian countries, alot of the time they just dump their garbage into the ocean.

Not how it gets in but why it stays together in patches once its in...

Jump To Top