SDRAmerica

Did Christ's Death Do Away With The Law?

No it didn't. Jesus Christ said so himself when he said:

Matthew  5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Meaning: Every Christian that falsely follows Paul, and does not try to follow the Way, will never enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Pork eaters will never enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, those that like their shellfish over God and Christ, will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

The words of Paul, cannot refute Christ.

The problem is, unrepentant sinners with souls as black as those of homosexuals, because of their love of pork, blood, idols, false Sabbath, adultery, unclean fish, and all unclean animals.

It is right there, in plain writing, Jesus's teaching's on the matter. The plain meaning is: "The Law is in effect, until God utterly destroy's this Creation in the final judgement, and the New Creation begins, in which, there will be a New Law/ New Way, for a New Creation".

The Law/Way, is not a cumbersome thing, nor an instrument of punishment, but the ideal way to live life in this creation and reach the maximum level of happiness. As a life of limited pain and suffering, is a life of happiness. That is what the law is, the road to minimum pain and suffering.

The prohibition on animal fat? Well, animal fat causes prostate cancer.

Pork? Ever see pork meat, all the parasites? Not only that, Pork causes inflammation problems. Shellfish? How many people die from shellfish poisoning, let alone allergic actions? Heck, shellfish are often carriers for parasites too. Add in pollution, and shellfish are a bad idea.

Not fornicating with a woman after she gave birth is common sense to us(or it ought to be), but to bronze-iron age peoples? Not so. It is a mercy to women, to call the unclean after birth, so they may recover in peace and humility.

You look at any aspect of the Law, and there are pretty damn good reasons why.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, kbet said:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Meaning: Every Christian that falsely follows Paul, and does not try to follow the Way, will never enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Pork eaters will never enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, those that like their shellfish over God and Christ, will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

The problem is, unrepentant sinners with souls as black as those of homosexuals, because of their love of pork, blood, idols, false Sabbath, adultery, unclean fish, and all unclean animals.

It is right there, in plain writing, Jesus's teaching's on the matter. The plain meaning is: "The Law is in effect, until God utterly destroy's this Creation in the final judgement, and the New Creation begins, in which, there will be a New Law/ New Way, for a New Creation".

The Law/Way, is not a cumbersome thing, nor an instrument of punishment, but the ideal way to live life in this creation and reach the maximum level of happiness. As a life of limited pain and suffering, is a life of happiness. That is what the law is, the road to minimum pain and suffering.

Pork? Ever see pork meat, all the parasites? Not only that, Pork causes inflammation problems. Shellfish? How many people die from shellfish poisoning, let alone allergic actions? Heck, shellfish are often carriers for parasites too. Add in pollution, and shellfish are a bad idea.

Not fornicating with a woman after she gave birth is common sense to us(or it ought to be), but to bronze-iron age peoples? Not so. It is a mercy to women, to call the unclean after birth, so they may recover in peace and humility.

The only problems I have with this response, are [1] saying "d__n" and [2] stating there will be a New Law/New Way. The 10 Commandments are the law which exists for the laws of life for all of God's intelligent creations. No need for a new law, the 10 commandments are perfectly fine. Of course, we wouldn't eat pork, if we don't desire to commit suicide with parasites, cancer, etc. (:

Edited by SDRAmerica

2 hours ago, kbet said:

Why are you trying to tell Gentiles that they are bound by the Jewish laws?  That is part of the old covenant that Christians are not under. If you are Jewish,  I guess you're still bound to that law. 

Galations chapter 3 and 4 are an interesting read for anyone interested in the old covenant law.

It is written:

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:  

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.  

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.  

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.  

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Galatians 3:13‭-‬14‭, ‬24‭-‬29 KJV

Plus this... 

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?  

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.   This is the first and great commandment.  

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:36‭-‬40 KJV

Love is the only law you need to keep.  

Don't take my word for it, though.  I'm just a guy on the internet, and I could be wrong.  Read the Bible for yourselves and ask God to reveal the answers to you, personally.  Follow whatever He tells you, not any man claiming to have the truth!!

• Like 4

A simple answer. 

No. 

The law exists as sort of an unattainable precipice to remind us just how much we need the Holy spirit to direct our thoughts and actions, lest we be overcome with Sin and demonic influence, no matter what that may be. 

Some see it as a cruel joke, I have come to see it as a stroke of genius that only the God is Heaven could conjure up. 

That being said, we should still strive for excellence and perfection as the Messiah instructed.  And he will be with us, Always. 

I posted this before and it's so good I'll post it again.  Prepare to get pumped up!!! 

6:55 timestamp

:pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

"Why would we ever try on our own?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDRAmerica said:

Bacon is extremely unhealthy for you ... and forbidden.

I'm going to have to stop you there because I've just recently been exploring the Keto diet.  (High fat, med protein, very low carb). 

There is plenty of material on the subject.  http://ketogasm.com/the-bacon-experiment-interview/

It sounds absolutely bonkers but the more I read, the more I am convinced.  It's very telling the world is pro Vegan today.  Do the opposite. 

I will not argue with what the OT says about the dietary laws.  I strongly agree and yet still chose to indulge in the consuming of unclean animals.  Each of us will have to answer one day for the personal choices we all make.  :D 

Edited by Condor

25 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

Galations chapter 3 and 4 are an interesting read for anyone interested in the old covenant law.

It is written:

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:  

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.  

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.  

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.  

For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Galatians 3:13‭-‬14‭, ‬24‭-‬29 KJV

Plus this... 

Master, which is the great commandment in the law?  

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.   This is the first and great commandment.  

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:36‭-‬40 KJV

Love is the only law you need to keep.  

Don't take my word for it, though.  I'm just a guy on the internet, and I could be wrong.  Read the Bible for yourselves and ask God to reveal the answers to you, personally.  Follow whatever He tells you, not any man claiming to have the truth!!

Galatians 4 goes on to say ...

21 Tell me, you who are bent on being under the Law, will you listen to what the Law [really] says?

22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the bondmaid and one by the free woman.

23 But whereas the child of the slave woman was born according to the flesh and had an ordinary birth, the son of the free woman was born in fulfillment of the promise.

24 Now all this is an allegory; these [two women] represent two covenants. One covenant originated from Mount Sinai [where the Law was given] and bears [children destined] for slavery; this is Hagar.

25 Now Hagar is (stands for) Mount Sinai in Arabia and she corresponds to and belongs in the same category with the present Jerusalem, for she is in bondage together with her children.

26 But the Jerusalem above the Messianic kingdom of Christ) is free, and she is our mother.

27 For it is written in the Scriptures, Rejoice, O barren woman, who has not given birth to children; break forth into a joyful shout, you who are not feeling birth pangs, for the desolate woman has many more children than she who has a husband.(B)

28 But we, brethren, are children [not by physical descent, as was Ishmael, but] like Isaac, born in virtue of promise.

I totally agree with you that the "Law" of the New Covenant is Love ...

[Mat 5:43 NASB]

"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'

[Mat 5:44 NASB]
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

[Mat 5:46 NASB]
"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

[1Jo 4:7 NASB]
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

[1Jo 4:8 NASB]
The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

[1Jo 4:9 NASB]
By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

[1Jo 4:10 NASB]
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

[1Jo 4:11 NASB]
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

[1Jo 4:12 NASB]
No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.

[1Jo 4:13 NASB]
By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

[1Jo 4:14 NASB]
We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

[1Jo 4:15 NASB]
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

[1Jo 4:16 NASB]
We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

[1Jo 4:17 NASB]
By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

[1Jo 4:18 NASB]
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

[1Jo 4:19 NASB]
We love, because He first loved us.

[1Jo 4:20 NASB]
If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.

[1Jo 4:21 NASB]
And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

Edited by AgedLace
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SDRAmerica said:

it's not forbidden in my world, maybe in yours, which is sad for you, yummy for me :flaggb:

8 hours ago, SDRAmerica said:

Ancient thinking that held wisdom.

Now...we understand way more than common thought.

Blasphemy is not adapting.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.