Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheToolman

A group of Twitter users is suing Trump for blocking them

TheToolman    591

Seriously, you just can't make this stuff up!  The world gone mad.

In a lawsuit filed today, a small cluster of Twitter users is suing the president for blocking them on the platform. The case, brought forward by the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University, argues that by blocking the users the Trump administration is in fact suppressing speech and that the act “imposes a viewpoint-based restriction on the Individual Plaintiffs’ participation in a public forum.”

Prior to filing the suit, the Institute condemned Trump’s decision to block the group of users in a letter on June 6. Pursuing the same complaints, the lawsuit argues that Trump’s Twitter account constitutes a public forum and blocking those users is violation of their First Amendment rights, making it unconstitutional.

Filed in the Southern District of New York, the suit makes the following argument:

“President Trump’s Twitter account, @realDonaldTrump, has become an important source of news and information about the government, and an important public forum for speech by, to, and about the President. In an effort to suppress dissent in this forum, Defendants have excluded—“blocked”—Twitter users who have criticized the President or his policies. This practice is unconstitutional, and this suit seeks to end it.”

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/11/blocked-twitter-users-sue-trump/

It is silly..Isn't it?  What they really want is his podium to spew dissent against the man.  Under this thinking I should get space and time on CNN daily.  No, They have not agreed.  I could easily spend an hour each day telling the viewers where and why the rest of CNN has it all wrong.  They can practice their free speech on their own.  What they want is a captive audience. ..HIS audience..  Look at what that lead to with the MSM.  People telling lies for profit.

No the have yet gotten around to ban me yet...There is still hope, Dear Reader...

Cinnamon    20,019

They're transparent.  So, if they happened to win, then no one would be able to block anyone. It has to work that way. Hmm... maybe that would be what it takes to take down the behemoths?  Maybe they're working against their own interests in the end.  I need more coffee. 

Zing    816

Corrupt leadership, corrupt media, corrupt corporations, and corrupt institutions--and we are not able to change it.  You know where this leads?  Downward spiral for all in every facet of life.

Cinnamon    20,019

Can you imagine not being able to block any troll anywhere?  Internet is bad as it is with them... they would rule the entire thing. 

Mehitable    1,327
5 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Can you imagine not being able to block any troll anywhere?  Internet is bad as it is with them... they would rule the entire thing. 

My Gawd, it would be like GLP!!!!!

Cinnamon    20,019
1 minute ago, Mehitable said:

My Gawd, it would be like GLP!!!!!

And then is when this site would go POOF!  lol

abigfatzero    2,171

Since when is verbally harassing someone "free speech".

They were not expressing a view point, they were just constantly bashing Trump with personal attacks.

It was ridiculous, I had the impression they were being paid to do it.

If you are being paid to do something that makes you a mercenary, not a citizen expressing his or her own point of view.

Jump To Top