Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Alexa calls cops on man allegedly beating his girlfriend

Cinnamon    19,683

A New Mexico man was arrested for allegedly beating his girlfriend and threatening to kill her — after Amazon’s Alexa called police, authorities said.

Eduardo Barros, 28, became angered with his unidentified girlfriend while housesitting in Tijeras, about 15 miles east of Albuquerque, and the dispute suddenly turned physical on July 2, authorities said.

During the assault, Barros waved a gun and threatened to kill the woman before he allegedly asked: “Did you call the sheriffs?”

The question was inadvertently picked up by the smart speaker and the voice-powered virtual assistant recognized the phrase as a command — prompting it to call 911, Bernallillo County Sheriff’s Department

Deputy Felicia Romero confirmed to The Post on Monday.

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/10/alexa-calls-cops-on-man-allegedly-beating-his-girlfriend.html

LOL Alexa to the rescue! 

TheToolman    568

My Echo keeps turning on and listening to my family.  We don't even come close to calling the command name ECHO most of the time.  I just is always listening...   Probably recording what a terrible parent I am. :) 

Cinnamon    19,683
Just now, TheToolman said:

My Echo keeps turning on and listening to my family.  We don't even come close to calling the command name ECHO most of the time.  I just is always listening...   Probably recording what a terrible parent I am. :) 

Don't worry they have probably sent it all to the nearest fusion center for storage.  :/

TheToolman    568
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Don't worry they have probably sent it all to the nearest fusion center for storage.  :/

Yeah, just another reason while I can NEVER run for Public Office....

CSB    1,901
8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The question was inadvertently picked up by the smart speaker and the voice-powered virtual assistant recognized the phrase as a command

This is way I don't have a cell phone .. Not that I would make threats but I don't need people listening to me every time I take a pee or fart .

Amethyst    325

There comes a time when you have to say to yourself, what's the angle with these "smart devices"?? Time to unplug that shit no?

Cinnamon    19,683

I am keeping my older stuff as long as I can. lol I don't want a computer in everything. My washer and dryer are probably listening to me type right now, or have put a key logger on. lmao!

Malevolent    2,466
1 minute ago, Amethyst said:

There comes a time when you have to say to yourself, what's the angle with these "smart devices"?? Time to unplug that shit no?

I have long ago unplugged / deactivated and refuse to activate - microphones or cameras connected to any computer.  Cellular is always "face-down" or all apps closed.  Too much spy-vs-spy going on all over.

Amethyst    325
16 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I am keeping my older stuff as long as I can. lol I don't want a computer in everything. My washer and dryer are probably listening to me type right now, or have put a key logger on. lmao!

Now see that brings something to mind right now. Recalling the analog to digital forcing over with the tv industry's signal structure.... More frames per second @ 4k now like phuck man, 4000 pictures are flashed into one second. Well if you remember back when interviews came on of celebs, news reporters, politicians, etc, they would catch them ALL the time with the snake eye slit action. Now think back to the movie "They Live". The masking that was used via RF transmissions, well I've come to realize that the masking was failing extremely bad when the analog tv transmissions we're being used, and they had to step up the masking a whole lot more, and hypnotic imaging that plays subliminally in between all those thousands of frames per second to keep themselves from being exposed. Just a observation but I truly think there was a lot more to that conversion than they told us back then. It surely wasn't to have a crystal clear picture, it was to step up the masking

Amethyst    325
12 minutes ago, Malevolent said:

I have long ago unplugged / deactivated and refuse to activate - microphones or cameras connected to any computer.  Cellular is always "face-down" or all apps closed.  Too much spy-vs-spy going on all over.

Exactly

Cinnamon    19,683
14 minutes ago, Malevolent said:

Tape! Lots of tape. 

Jump To Top