Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rothbard

119,630 Feet and No Curvature

Rothbard    2,188

Every time I share high altitude balloon footage evincing a flat earth at impossible altitudes, I get a whole host of globe zealots who claim that the lens is distorting the curved earth and bending the horizon into a fake flat earth (called barrel distortion). This video is dedicated to these globe believers as the high altitude footage distortion compares to the low altitude distortion; meaning the flat impossible horizon is not a lens trick. The earth is indeed flat at 119,630 feet! 

Another way to check, go on Google Earth and increase the altitude of the observer to 22.657 miles and look at the curvature Google Earth says you'll see.

Compare to what MythBusters said at 67,500 feet ("And from this height, 67,500 feet, the edge of our planet has a definitive curve to it.").  Why the lies?

Here's the international no music version if you have a copyright issue:

CaptH    61

Blocked in my country on copyright grounds. Marvellous!:sigh:

Rothbard    2,188
31 minutes ago, CaptH said:

I'm uploading a no music version as we speak.  I'll post it in a few hours.

Mehitable    1,465

Really, from what I can see the only real evidence for a globe earth relies on fisheye lens and faked pics from NASA and other agencies that have obvious conflict of interest motives for continuing the global earth model.

Rothbard    2,188
4 hours ago, CaptH said:

Here's a version you should be able to watch now.

CaptH    61
1 hour ago, Rothbard said:

Thanks very much.

Siriusly    258
6 hours ago, Rothbard said:

The earth is indeed flat at 119,630 feet! 

No, it is most certainly not and I have proven so adequately in another thread which you may have missed.

This is un-debunkable.

Why persist producing / linking to videos that were taken with 135ª (or more!) FOV lenses?

Redorblue    666
1 hour ago, Rothbard said:

Nice video.Just a few thoughts on seeing a slight curve. 

On a flat plane your vision is limited to whatever atmospheric conditions allow ( due to dispersion/diffusion). At the limits ,say 5miles for example , you will be at the centre of a field of view of 5 mls radius. I think that as you rise up to 22 mls your field of view is a circle of 420+ mls radius according to globe theory , maybe more/less on a flat plane but still limited by atmospheric conditions.

I think that may explain the very slight curve viewed. 

I've seen a video where someone photo shops the atmosphere out on high altitude film to leave a curved earth , but imo it's just a normal view of a field of view limited by the atmosphere - its bound to be a circle , not a proof of curvature.

Higher altitudes should lead to progressively pronounced curves as the earth falls away all around , but we don't see that. The curve is always very slight unless we use the old fisheye.

Hope that makes sense.

More evidence that fits flat earth theory better than the globe.

Edit - yes that's the video I watched earlier.

Rothbard    2,188
9 hours ago, Siriusly said:

No, it is most certainly not and I have proven so adequately in another thread which you may have missed.

This is un-debunkable.

Why persist producing / linking to videos that were taken with 135ª (or more!) FOV lenses?

This is what is called a straw-man argument.  You set up an issue to argue with that is not an actual contention point by flat earthers.  Without question, the DogCam Sport footage included a highly distorted fish-eye lens (something like a GoPro).  You can discover this fact by seeing for yourself that the horizon shifts from convex to concave on multiple occasions - watch the video - it happens many times.  Because of the distortion, I personally only use the DogCam footage for discussing the sun issue at 4:22 and whether the sun spot should have a different parallax than the sun instead of matching movements with the sun equally. 

Without all of the low altitude footage available (it's dark), it's impossible to make an accurate determination whether there's curvature in the DogCam footage.  This was the whole point of my video as the high altitude camera in the Dwayne Kellum launch has far less distortion and can be compared to the low altitude footage to measure the actual distortion.  As to your claim that your video is "un-debunkable" - let me just say - :gsbrnint:

Rothbard    2,188
1 hour ago, Redorblue said:

Nice video.Just a few thoughts on seeing a slight curve. 

On a flat plane your vision is limited to whatever atmospheric conditions allow ( due to dispersion/diffusion). At the limits ,say 5miles for example , you will be at the centre of a field of view of 5 mls radius. I think that as you rise up to 22 mls your field of view is a circle of 420+ mls radius according to globe theory , maybe more/less on a flat plane but still limited by atmospheric conditions.

I think that may explain the very slight curve viewed. 

I've seen a video where someone photo shops the atmosphere out on high altitude film to leave a curved earth , but imo it's just a normal view of a field of view limited by the atmosphere - its bound to be a circle , not a proof of curvature.

Higher altitudes should lead to progressively pronounced curves as the earth falls away all around , but we don't see that. The curve is always very slight unless we use the old fisheye.

Hope that makes sense.

More evidence that fits flat earth theory better than the globe.

Edit - yes that's the video I watched earlier.

Good points!

I only got into the issue a little bit on the video as I did mention that sunlight seems to surround us in a circle (but I'm not entirely certain of this anymore since daylight may be separate from sunlight). 

Some high altitude footage does seem to have a slight curved horizon but the one I shared from Dwayne Kellum didn't seem to have any curvature once you analyze all of the footage and even that is not an exact science in my opinion.  It's tricky because every camera has some distortion which increases with speed and varying angles but this video had a pretty good lens.  However, like you said, we do see in a 360-degrees circle around ourselves and the light around us may also fall on us in a circular pattern.  If you get high enough, I do think you'd begin to see the edges of the circle which could create a false curvature effect.  It's not as easy as most people think which makes our discoveries and discussions so much fun. 

VonLud    853
18 minutes ago, Rothbard said:

Good points!

I only got into the issue a little bit on the video as I did mention that sunlight seems to surround us in a circle (but I'm not entirely certain of this anymore since daylight may be separate from sunlight). 

Some high altitude footage does seem to have a slight curved horizon but the one I shared from Dwayne Kellum didn't seem to have any curvature once you analyze all of the footage and even that is not an exact science in my opinion.  It's tricky because every camera has some distortion which increases with speed and varying angles but this video had a pretty good lens.  However, like you said, we do see in a 360-degrees circle around ourselves and the light around us may also fall on us in a circular pattern.  If you get high enough, I do think you'd begin to see the edges of the circle which could create a false curvature effect.  It's not as easy as most people think which makes our discoveries and discussions so much fun. 

This thing about daylight being separate from sunlight.

I watched the video but I don't know where it is now.

When there is a total eclipse of the sun, it gets dark, no?

Are you going to go north and watch the totality in August?

Rothbard    2,188
20 minutes ago, VonLud said:

This thing about daylight being separate from sunlight.

I watched the video but I don't know where it is now.

When there is a total eclipse of the sun, it gets dark, no?

Are you going to go north and watch the totality in August?

Here's the video again on daylight/sunlight - it's a theory:

I'm definitely headed to film the eclipse.  I'm headed to Mud Lake, Idaho with the P900.  Any suggestions before I screw up the once in a lifetime footage?  Dwayne Kellum is launching a balloon up during the eclipse - now, that should be awesome regardless of flat vs. globe.