Sign in to follow this  
ESET

Hamburg's G20 rioters are 'crazy' in the eyes of Arab refugees

Arab refugees watching anti-G20 riots in Hamburg from the relative safety of a falafel joint said on Saturday the rioters were insane for destroying their tolerant adoptive city and were astonished by what they saw as the police's restraint.

"If people did this in Egypt they would be shot," said Ibrahim Ali, a 29-year-old Egyptian who came here in 2011. "The state provides everything: housing, unemployment benefits and education. Yet those people are not happy. I don't get it."

Ali and two more refugees from Syria and Egypt were serving beer, falafel, hummus, tabouleh salad and other Middle Eastern delights to protesters who had started leaving the Sternschanze quarter as police special units moved in against the rioters.

"They are crazy. I can't believe my eyes," said Mohammad Halabi, 32, a Syrian who arrived in Germany as a refugee some 18 months ago. "They have such a beautiful country and they're destroying it."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g20-germany-migrants-idUSKBN19T124?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=59616c2704d30124cc18171f&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

If only they would turn that kind of crazy to defending their culture and homeland.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.