Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

122 countries adopt global treaty banning nuclear weapons

Cinnamon    22,868

United Nations (United States) (AFP) - A global treaty banning nuclear weapons was adopted at the United Nations on Friday despite opposition from nuclear powers Britain, France and the United States which said it disregards the reality of dealing with international security threats such as North Korea.

The treaty was adopted by a vote of 122 in favor with one country -- NATO member The Netherlands -- voting against, while Singapore abstained.

None of the nine countries that possess nuclear weapons -- the United States, Russia, Britain, China, France, India, Pakistan, North Korea and Israel -- took part in the negotiations or the vote.

<snip>

https://www.yahoo.com/news/un-set-adopt-treaty-outlawing-nuclear-weapons-012300973.html

This was talked about here last month. 

apache54    4,851

THEY have tried this over the years and IT will never happen UNTIL they are all used! in a nuclear war! and IF thee is anything left they can ban them then and destroy any that did not get launched!

Ukshep    19,973
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Indeed. Hm. I wonder what 7/22 might bring. 

Ooh Good point. 17th till the 22nd is to be watched them.. 5 day window..

Cinnamon    22,868
Just now, Ukshep said:

Ooh Good point. 17th till the 22nd is to be watched them.. 5 day window..

What were the dates of the bus terror attacks in London that time? Wasn't one of them 7/22? I can't remember but there were a few attacks and the dates were significant with those attacks. 

Ukshep    19,973
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

What were the dates of the bus terror attacks in London that time? Wasn't one of them 7/22? I can't remember but there were a few attacks and the dates were significant with those attacks. 

7/7 I think!

Dr. Evil    1,646

Coming from NZ, the originator of this madness, let me explain a bit of where its coming from.

I disagreed with it at the time BTW and I still do, for one very simple reason: it has never and never will, get rid of one single nuke. It's a feel good tummy warmer for idiots who don't understand politics or geopolitics. I don't like nukes or nuclear power, I think its madness on many levels, but it's a reality we have them so deal with it some way other than pretending a stupid piece of paper is ever going to get rid of them.

The main driver at the time was Helen Clark, although our PM at the time, David Lange, fronted it. But he wasn't the driver, Clark was. She recently resigned as head of the UNDP after she missed out on becoming Secretary General. She's a leftist globalist social-engineering scumbag.

As you may recall this was done in 1984, when the Cold War was still ultra-serious business, which is why the US reacted as it did. 

NZ has over the years had a lot of submarine activity from both the US and the Russians. The bottom half of our South Island has an area called Fiordland (think Norway) which is a magnetic anomaly and which hides the subs. 

At the end of the day, the legislation was designed to weaken the US strategic position in favour of Russia. Clark was KGB-trained and she and Putin, who was working in NZ in the early 80's, have a very close relationship.

More detail in here:

http://greghallett.com/pdf/NZABMG PDF Web chaptes, low res. 16.7.08/NZ A Blackmailer's Guide- C2- Nuclear New Zealand- 16.7.08.pdf

JayDee    1,280

When did Israel finally admit they have nukes? Thought that was their badly kept secret.