Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Home Depot Founder Ken Langone: ‘The Media Should Be Ashamed’

Ukshep    19,993

Home Depot Co-Founder Ken Langone condemned the mainstream media’s treatment of President Trump in a Thursday interview on CNBC.

Republican billionaire Ken Langone slammed the mainstream media in an interview with CNBC on Thursday, arguing that they have abandoned the importance of objectivity in journalism.

“I think the media ought to be ashamed of itself,” the co-founder of Home Depot said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

“The whole idea of a newspaper to me is ‘give me the facts,'” Langone said during the interview. “The New York Times’ front page is the equivalent of the editorial page now.”

Langone praised Trump’s moves to lift needless regulations the impede upon businesses’ ability to grow.

http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2017/07/07/home-depot-founder-ken-langone-condemns-media-and-trumps-critics/

I have to say. It is nice to see a founder of a company like Home Depot getting behind the president. I may not agree with trump but stopping this division is a must and condemning the media can help achieve that by taking away the power they have over manipulating the masses!

Cryptic Mole    4,382

It's about time that someone of somewhat importance in business has come forward to take a stand.

Not like the idiot actors and actresses who think they have a right to make political statements based on who they are.

Mehitable    1,465

I also think the 2nd most important function of the media is genuine investigative journalism, which none of them do any more....because they don't actually want to expose anything, of course.  The media should be rooting around in everyone's admin and drawers and bringing corruption and incompetence and lawlessness to light in whoever's admin.  This would be an incredibly valuable function. Imagine if they would actually VET candidates BEFORE they become candidates!  Instead they're just partisans helping their home team, and it's completely obvious and destroys all their credibility. 

Ukshep    19,993
37 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

It's about time that someone of somewhat importance in business has come forward to take a stand.

You got that right!

28 minutes ago, Mehitable said:

I also think the 2nd most important function of the media is genuine investigative journalism, which none of them do any more....because they don't actually want to expose anything, of course.  The media should be rooting around in everyone's admin and drawers and bringing corruption and incompetence and lawlessness to light in whoever's admin.  This would be an incredibly valuable function. Imagine if they would actually VET candidates BEFORE they become candidates!  Instead they're just partisans helping their home team, and it's completely obvious and destroys all their credibility. 

They go for pieces that yield emotion. The kind that allow milking for money! or Sympathy!

TheOldMan    2,464
50 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Not like the idiot actors and actresses who think they have a right to make political statements based on who they are.

Agreed