Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Trump labels North Korea a 'problem and menace' at summit

Rate this topic

Ukshep    14,313

President Donald Trump assailed North Korea as a "problem and menace" Saturday as he met with Asian allies on the sidelines of an international summit to build consensus on next steps after the North's recent test-launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

"Something has to be done about it," Trump said as he met with Chinese President Xi Jinping. In a separate meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump said the two were tackling "the problem and menace of North Korea."

Abe, speaking through a translator, noted that the security situation in the Asia Pacific region has become "increasingly severe" due to North Korea's push to develop its ballistic missile and nuclear program. Abe said he wanted to "demonstrate the robust partnership as well as the bonds" between Japan and the U.S. on the issue.

North Korea's successful test launch of an ICBM was a major milestone in its long-term effort to build a missile that could carry a nuclear warhead to attack the United States.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c11a96b4ad082fe88aa0db04305/Article_2017-07-08-EU-Trump/id-cba12047e12a4a2686839df31881118a

Are you ready? Once the g-20 is out of the way, We'll be moving towards the 17th..... A date I am watching Closely!

• Like 1

YourMom2    1,353

After all these years why hasn't South Korea done something about their problem and menace to the North?

Can we just get this chess game over with, please?

kbet    507

How many countries has North Korea destroyed? How many countries, is North Korea occupying?

apache54    3,110

TOO many countries NOW want NK for themselves and so they will take Kim out!

Ukshep    14,313
3 minutes ago, kbet said:

How many countries has North Korea destroyed? How many countries, is North Korea occupying?

Zilch and Zilch? But they do have some really good celebrations in honor of good men, good women, honor and respect of great koreans of love in the past... That is how I remember then.

Orientals.... The last caste of peoples to ever adhere to honor, respect, dignity and the old virtues. All gone now though :(

I miss how they lived in feudal times... I think I lived many lives. The code people used to live by is long dead but for some reason I cannot get enough of how great it is. I miss the understanding people had between one another as it seems all but gone from society!

Cinnamon    16,026

Why don't Trump and lil Kim have a sit down and talk it out?  If he can talk to Putin, he can talk to him. If it avoids war. 

But... war is in the cards? 

Ukshep    14,313
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Why don't Trump and lil Kim have a sit down and talk it out?  If he can talk to Putin, he can talk to him. If it avoids war. 

But... war is in the cards? 

Because they are not meant to be friends.... Remember how I told you about the coming coalition... How brexit played a part. And others.. Starting to form is it not?

Cinnamon    16,026
8 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Because they are not meant to be friends.... Remember how I told you about the coming coalition... How brexit played a part. And others.. Starting to form is it not?

It is, with a few wild cards. Turkey is another one. 

Ukshep    14,313
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It is, with a few wild cards. Turkey is another one. 

And war is a coming. Asian pacific by the looks of it. Actually it's best to describe it as west vs east. Landmasses in the middle. UK, europe, middle east will be wiped of the face of the map if a war goes hot. They will be garrison/suppy/ attack sites and thus subject to military invasion/occupation. And in a war they will use heavy weaponry.

Broken Cord    372
7 hours ago, kbet said:

Aside from their own? The next will be too many.

Dr. Evil    602

Yesterday on another NK thread I suggested the only geostrategic calculation that makes sense is that Trump's real target for all this bellicosity toward NK is not NK but China.

Then today I read:

Trump Offers To Restore “Russian Greatness” In Order To Stop Communist China Expansion 

[T]he President Putin and President Donald Trump meeting yesterday in Hamburg, Germany, on the sidelines of the G-20 Summit, reveals that the Federation was presented with an astounding highly classified US Department of Defense (DoD) global assessment document detailing how the United States is prepared to restore “Russian greatness”—which the American’s claim is the only path available to stop a global conflict (World War III) being initiated by a communist Chinese expansion neither the US nor its Western civilization allies will allow to occur unchecked.  

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2331.htm

It has long been the neocon strategy to run a divide and rule because the only thing which really threatens the Western alliance is one between Russia and China. WWI and WWII were fought (partly) to prevent Germany from teaming up with Russia because the UK at the time and rightly so, adjudged such an alliance to be a similar existential threat to them. 

So if you accept this premise (and if not then what other premise explains what we're seeing?), will it work? I don't think so.

This guy here if you don't know of him and you're interested in the subject, you should read his reports. He's a Russian-Frenchman who used to work as a defence analyst for I think NATO before he got sick of not being allowed to write what he saw as the accurate and retrained as a software engineer and started this site as a hobby interest. He's often quoted on alternative media these days and if you want insight into Russian thinking he's very good indeed. This article here is a good summary of why the neocon tactic won't work. (Quelle surprise!)

http://thesaker.is/vineyard-of-the-saker-white-paper-the-china-russia-double-helix/

These are worth reading too:

http://thesaker.is/?s=russia+china  

• Like 2