Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Religious leaders get high on magic mushrooms ingredient – for science

Rate this topic

Ukshep    14,513

A Catholic priest, a Rabbi and a Buddhist walk into a bar and order some magic mushrooms. It may sound like the first line of a bad joke, but this scenario is playing out in one of the first scientific investigations into the effects of psychedelic drugs on religious experience – albeit in a laboratory rather than a bar.

Scientists at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore have enlisted two dozen religious leaders from a wide range of denominations, to participate in a study in which they will be given two powerful doses of psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms.

Dr William Richards, a psychologist at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland who is involved in the work, said: “With psilocybin these profound mystical experiences are quite common. It seemed like a no-brainer that they might be of interest, if not valuable, to clergy.”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jul/08/religious-leaders-get-high-on-magic-mushrooms-ingredient-for-science

Just reading the title....Religious leaders get high on magic mushrooms ingredient – for science.... Gives of a vibe of this is seriously wrong for some reason but I can't quite pinpoint why!

Surprised our political leaders who are already on everything aren't trying it also.    

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

A Catholic priest, a Rabbi and a Buddhist walk into a bar and order some magic mushrooms.

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

With psilocybin these profound mystical experiences are quite common. It seemed like a no-brainer that they might be of interest, if not valuable, to clergy.”

Just another day at the farm, especially for the Catholics....exorcisms my butt...

• Like 1

Ukshep    14,513
Just now, counterintelligence said:

Surprised our political leaders who are already on everything aren't trying it also.    

Just another day at the farm, especially for the Catholics....exorcisms my butt...

They suggest other stay away from such substances. Yet partake themselves. And for science. The so called enemy of religion.

Makes no f**king sense whatsoever!

Tarmalen    1,037
43 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

They suggest other stay away from such substances. Yet partake themselves. And for science. The so called enemy of religion.

Makes no f**king sense whatsoever!

Does as I say...not as I do....

That has been religious credo since....inception.

• Like 1

Ukshep    14,513
17 minutes ago, Tarmalen said:

Does as I say...not as I do....

That has been religious credo since....inception.

And it's so very true!

It will be the first genuine mystical experience the priest or the rabbi will have ever had. But, worshiping Saturn is a failed mission from the getgo. The Buddhist would have to do some really serious meditation to get there, though.

Cinnamon    16,445

Using halucinogens has a way of opening your eyes to the truth of your circumstances. So, when the got done trippin' they had all switched identities? lol

Shamanik    11

Liberty caps strip away the ego and takes your brain/mind back to its original state, its like a full defrag and reformat and then you can learn what was lost, in this life and in the past. It opens oneself to the knowledge of the Gaian mind and the collective consciousness of all life on the planet.