Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

President announces funding for Ivanka entrepreneurship project...

Rate this topic

Ukshep    14,392

Trump administration will give $50 million to female entrepreneurship project championed by Ivanka as president says 'if she weren't my daughter it would be so much easier for her'

U.S. president announced government grant to fund launched by Ivanka that will help launch female entrepreneurs' businesses worldwide

$50 million is part of $300 million nest egg that World Bank president expects will grow ten-fold from private sector contributions

Trump joked that Ivanka might find success easier to come by if she weren't his daughter as he thanked her for being a 'champion' for women's empowerment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4677118/Trump-steers-50M-Ivanka-s-female-entrepreneurs-project.html

I'm not sure I like the idea of funding anything his family is to be involved in when it's the government.. Dunno but it feels wrong...

• Like 1

JayDee    688

I wonder if she cried to him before he approved the funding. 

• Like 1

Ukshep    14,392

Stinks of nepotism up in there.. Influence is still a perk...

• Like 2

Ukshep    14,392
33 minutes ago, Mehitable said:

While I'm generally a Trump supporter obviously there are things I DON'T like, and Ivanka and Jared top the list.  I can't stand the pair of them and I hate the obvious nepotism.  They don't really help Trump, in fact I think they've hurt him a LOT.  We should have laws against having relatives on the White House staff or maybe even in govt (unless they were already there) at all.  I hate nepotism, no matter if it's Trumps, Kennedys, Obamas, whatever....it's the epitome of anti-democratic.

I thought there were laws? They just decided they did not apply to this situation apparently!

• Like 1

phxsparks    414
35 minutes ago, Mehitable said:

While I'm generally a Trump supporter obviously there are things I DON'T like, and Ivanka and Jared top the list.  I can't stand the pair of them and I hate the obvious nepotism.  They don't really help Trump, in fact I think they've hurt him a LOT.  We should have laws against having relatives on the White House staff or maybe even in govt (unless they were already there) at all.  I hate nepotism, no matter if it's Trumps, Kennedys, Obamas, whatever....it's the epitome of anti-democratic.

Again, I think part of the problem is the POTUS is new to politics.  In the business world nepotism is at work every day.  It is a common practice in the private sector.

As an example, if I own a company and I hire one of my kids rather than an outsider who applied for a position; that is nepotism.  Especially if my kid is less qualified for the position.

So I agree that it does not look good, especially the Kushner aspect of this.  Jared Kushner concerns me greatly. 

However, the President is trying to run the executive branch just like a large corporation in the private sector.  Most likely, the POTUS considers Kushner to be a private contractor or vendor.

So I don't agree with it but, I understand how it has occurred.   

• Like 1

Ukshep    14,392
2 minutes ago, phxsparks said:

Again, I think part of the problem is the POTUS is new to politics.  In the business world nepotism is at work every day.  It is a common practice in the private sector.

As an example, if I own a company and I hire one of my kids rather than an outsider who applied for a position; that is nepotism.  Especially if my kid is less qualified for the position.

So I agree that it does not look good, especially the Kushner aspect of this.  Jared Kushner concerns me greatly. 

However, the President is trying to run the executive branch just like a large corporation in the private sector.  Most likely, the POTUS considers Kushner to be a private contractor or vendor.

I can understand it too. In fact I have to agree with how you see it.

I've spent a lot of time working with family in business. I know every little detail about what goes on. And how sometimes it is better to have the family member you trust than the employee you do not. But it looks selfish looking in. Nepotism yes.

In the end I think this is possibly one of those gray area's that could swing either way and is heavily dependent on the actual intent of the actions to gain from the position.

• Like 1

Mehitable    571
30 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I thought there were laws? They just decided they did not apply to this situation apparently!

Strange as it might seem, Shep, I don't think there are any laws regarding this.  I'm sure if there were, they would have used them to take down Trump.  They're going over everything he does with a microscope.  There SHOULD be laws, but I don't think there are.

Mehitable    571
20 minutes ago, phxsparks said:

You make excellent points, especially about Trump being new to politics and using the business world model as his template.  Trump has been under such vicious, ongoing, coordinated attacks for so long that he may feel the only people he can trust are his family.  The problem is that most of the family, including Ivanka and Jared, are far more left wing than he is and they give him bad advice, almost consistently.  Ivanka gave him bad advice on Syria and also in hiring Dina Habib Powell, who is an epic jihad disaster for 2nd in command under McMaster (himself dreadful). Supposedly Ivanka got the idea from....of all people....Mika Brezhinski.   So I definitely think those two are NOT an asset to his admin and I would love to see them in NYC again. I'm against nepotism in general, but I think these two are particularly terrible as political advisors.

• Like 1

phxsparks    414
12 minutes ago, Mehitable said:

You make excellent points, especially about Trump being new to politics and using the business world model as his template.  Trump has been under such vicious, ongoing, coordinated attacks for so long that he may feel the only people he can trust are his family.  The problem is that most of the family, including Ivanka and Jared, are far more left wing than he is and they give him bad advice, almost consistently.  Ivanka gave him bad advice on Syria and also in hiring Dina Habib Powell, who is an epic jihad disaster for 2nd in command under McMaster (himself dreadful). Supposedly Ivanka got the idea from....of all people....Mika Brezhinski.   So I definitely think those two are NOT an asset to his admin and I would love to see them in NYC again. I'm against nepotism in general, but I think these two are particularly terrible as political advisors.

Agreed, these are some good points you make.  Personally, if Mika Brzezinski suggested something, I would do the opposite or else just ignore her.

I'm fairly sure the POTUS feels like the Lone ranger.  He is probably trying to figure out if he can trust Tonto.

• Like 1

kbet    517
4 minutes ago, phxsparks said:

Agreed, these are some good points you make.  Personally, if Mika Brzezinski suggested something, I would do the opposite or else just ignore her.

I'm fairly sure the POTUS feels like the Lone ranger.  He is probably trying to figure out if he can trust Tonto.

Of course, it is bad advice, to sabotage Trump with the white male voters, because it is blatantly sexist and bigoted. Women are doing just fine, according to every metric of success, yet men, in particular white men, are in unparelled poverty and hardship, and not a peep or droplet of help.

That is why foreign nations are acting so bold, because America's been cucked, and those nations know, white men will never fight to defend their own persecutors. If Trump continues with this feminist/manhating nonsense, he will loose the white male vote in the next election.