abigfatzero

Oregon Cracks Down on Gun Rights in the Name of Suicide Prevention

Oregon Cracks Down on Gun Rights in the Name of Suicide Prevention

A newly passed bill in the state would let cops and judges decide who can exercise their Second Amendment rights.

The Oregon legislature just passed a gun control measure that substantially weakens constitutional rights. Senate Bill 719 will allow a family member or a police officer to obtain a civil court order immediately stripping someone of the right to possess a firearm for up to a year, if a judge finds the person presents a danger to himself or others.

Proponents hail the law as an effective way to prevent suicides. Sen. Brian Boquist (R-Dallas) argues that it will bring the number of veteran suicides down. Gun control crusader Gabrielle Giffords has called it a "responsible bill that helps keep guns out of the hands of individuals who are experiencing a mental health crisis."

snip

No small amount of procedural shenanigans were used to get this bill through the Oregon legislature in the final few days of the legislative session. Upon it passing the Senate, SB 719 was sent not to the House Judiciary Committee—which usually handles criminal legislation, but is chaired by pro–Second Amendment Democrat Jeff Barker—but rather to the House Rules Committee. That committee's chair decided to forgo a public hearing on the bill, and instead passed it out of committee the day before July 4, when half the Republicans committee members had already gone home.

The bill now goes to (the freak) Gov. Kate Brown, who is expected to sign it. Once she does, Oregon gun owners will be at the mercy of jurists like Judge Kenneth Walker, who said in court last year that "no one would have guns—not police, not security. We should eliminate all of them."

More information in the link....

http://reason.com/blog/2017/07/07/oregon-cracks-down-on-gun-rights-in-the

Nothing like having the mentally deranged trying to take your gun rights away.

We know where this is going, according to them, anybody who is of a conservative mind set is mentally deranged and should be stripped of gun rights.

Gabby Giffords FAKE! Absurd Gimp Act EXPOSED

• Like 2

They come in any way they can. Before people realize they've lost it all it is too late. This is how they roll..

This makes perfect sense.  Everybody knows that the only way you can commit suicide is with a gun. There is no other way in the world. 

(End sarcasm )

• Like 4

We have had 4 suicides in my town this year not one was done with a gun . 3 Were done by pharmaceutical drugs and alcohol 1 was by jumping off a bridge into the Mississippi river in front of a barge going down stream drunk on alcohol  .  Do the math !

These 4 were not vets; 2 had girl friend issues; 1 was a guy with financial issues and 1 had health issues . All men .

I think if I was going to commit suicide it would be with pharmaceutical drugs and a 5th of Black Velvet . Just fall asleep and never wake up . No pain !! 

Edited by CSB

1 hour ago, MKMinimum said:

This makes perfect sense.  Everybody knows that the only way you can commit suicide is with a gun. There is no other way in the world. 

(End sarcasm )

Statement plus avatar equals hilarious!!!

read it, glanced left, laughed my ass off....

three likes if I could. Best start to my day in weeks..!!

• Like 1

Just more libtards working their way into more gun control!! Oregon has become a haven for them in the big cities!! (Portland)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ukshep said:

They come in any way they can. Before people realize they've lost it all it is too late. This is how they roll..

Aka the United States 

no clue we're already hung 

2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Aka the United States 

no clue we're already hung 

Britain also.. Germany too!

WTF Oregon! Wtf people of Oregon for letting that happen.  That's just a liberal excuse to call everyone mental and take all of them.  

• Like 1

Just now, GT500 said:

Don't know if Gifford was shot, I wasn't there 

300 million other gun owners hurt no one that very same day 

But they only scream for the agenda.. why else focus on the 0.1% range of events..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.