Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Hello, readers! Please consider adding conspiracyoutpost.com to your adblock whitelist. Our ads support the development and upkeep of the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Escaped inmate may have used wire cutters delivered by drone

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    19,919

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina inmate broke out of a maximum-security prison using wire cutters apparently flown in by drone, officials said Friday, describing a new and devilishly hard-to-stop means of escape.

Convicted kidnapper Jimmy Causey, 46, was recaptured at a Texas motel before daybreak, more than two days after bolting to freedom in a plot worthy of a Hollywood script. It was the second time in 12 years that he escaped.

This time, he used a smuggled-in cellphone to coordinate the delivery of the breakout tools, investigators said. Then, with dusk approaching on the Fourth of July, he cut through four fences and left a dummy in his bed that fooled his guards. He got an 18-hour head start.

When he was caught, he had about $47,000 in cash, an ID card and two guns, authorities said.

“We believe a drone was used to fly in the tools that allowed him to escape,” South Carolina Corrections Director Bryan Stirling said. He said investigators were still trying to confirm that, and he didn’t elaborate on why they believe a drone was involved.

<snip>

https://www.apnews.com/8f514ec346e143bfaf6041b6c3264d3e/Escaped-inmate-may-have-used-wire-cutters-delivered-by-drone

Wow. 47K and a drone delivery to the prison.  I guess they'd better start hardening up for drones at prisons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 COBO Member    2,812
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Wow. 47K and a drone delivery to the prison.  I guess they'd better start hardening up for drones at prisons. 

In my drone research, I ran across the FAA's position on shooting down privately owned "invasive" drones. I think I'm going to sit down and build my own DEW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    17,079
8 hours ago, COBO Member said:

In my drone research, I ran across the FAA's position on shooting down privately owned "invasive" drones. I think I'm going to sit down and build my own DEW.

They allow that? IF so then.... shit! Maybe we'll get a new national past-time in a few decades/ Drone shooting with COBO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 COBO Member    2,812
13 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

They allow that? IF so then.... shit! Maybe we'll get a new national past-time in a few decades/ Drone shooting with COBO!

They don't condone it, but they actually recognize one's right to privacy. They strongly suggest "diplomacy" and law enforcement involvement. For the time being, there's always a shotgun capable of 3.5" 12ga #4 loads.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    17,079
12 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

but they actually recognize one's right to privacy.

That's a start :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 apache54    4,161
10 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — A South Carolina inmate broke out of a maximum-security prison using wire cutters apparently flown in by drone, officials said Friday, describing a new and devilishly hard-to-stop means of escape.

Convicted kidnapper Jimmy Causey, 46, was recaptured at a Texas motel before daybreak, more than two days after bolting to freedom in a plot worthy of a Hollywood script. It was the second time in 12 years that he escaped.

This time, he used a smuggled-in cellphone to coordinate the delivery of the breakout tools, investigators said. Then, with dusk approaching on the Fourth of July, he cut through four fences and left a dummy in his bed that fooled his guards. He got an 18-hour head start.

When he was caught, he had about $47,000 in cash, an ID card and two guns, authorities said.

“We believe a drone was used to fly in the tools that allowed him to escape,” South Carolina Corrections Director Bryan Stirling said. He said investigators were still trying to confirm that, and he didn’t elaborate on why they believe a drone was involved.

<snip>

https://www.apnews.com/8f514ec346e143bfaf6041b6c3264d3e/Escaped-inmate-may-have-used-wire-cutters-delivered-by-drone

Wow. 47K and a drone delivery to the prison.  I guess they'd better start hardening up for drones at prisons. 

IT is a easy fix, and should not cost much they will have to install a electronic signal blocking device and the drones won't be able to get  close to the prison.

Blockers  are not on the open market yet but the military have them, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 YourMom2    1,354

This story would have been better if the wire cutters had been dropped off via Amazon drone. I rather enjoy negative publicity for (((Jeff Bezos))).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    1,684

And here's the articles demonising drones, not a moment too soon since the faa doesn't make you register everything anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    1,684
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

They allow that? IF so then.... shit! Maybe we'll get a new national past-time in a few decades/ Drone shooting with COBO!

Well damn Ima have to label mine so you guys don't shoot me. Lol. But min isn't one of those phantoms you see every where, mines more of a racing drone that looks similar to the ones flown on the drone racing league on espn. Lol.  At least mine will do about 85 mph and I could possibly evade for a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    17,079
6 minutes ago, Groove said:

Well damn Ima have to label mine so you guys don't shoot me. Lol. But min isn't one of those phantoms you see every where, mines more of a racing drone that looks similar to the ones flown on the drone racing league on espn. Lol.  At least mine will do about 85 mph and I could possibly evade for a bit. 

If you can ramp it up to 88mph you can rename your drone to.... The DroneLorean... The DeLoreans half cousin! 2 investors had one to many beers started bumping into each other and voila... it happened!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    1,684
2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

If you can ramp it up to 88mph you can rename your drone to.... The DroneLorean... The DeLoreans half cousin! 2 investors had one to many beers started bumping into each other and voila... it happened!

Lmao. It may be able to get there but Ima def have to shave a little weight off. Each gram counts lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jump To Top
×