CSB

Seattle Washington Finds Raising the Minimum Wage Was a Mistake

Posted 6/30/17

For the second time this year, a city has found that there are no quick fixes to addressing poverty and raising wages. Recently, the city of Seattle funded a study on the impact its minimum wage increase was having and concluded that it was having a negative impact on the city’s economy. As is surprising to no one who has been paying attention to the effects of the minimum wage over the past few years, it has reduced employment, economic growth, and works hours.

Link to the whole post : http://www.freedomworks.org/content/seattle-finds-raising-minimum-wage-was-mistake

I think most of us that are awake knew this would happen; but then who are we to those that are asleep ???

I lived and worked in Seattle for 30 years it was a cool city but the libtard issue is now out of control ..

My son still lives in Seattle he told me just a few days ago that there have been a lot of negative changes to the city the cost of living is out of control rents are though the roof . He told me that a lot of small business have closed but some new ones have opened up pushing food and commodity prices up; even the services such as mechanic shops labor rates are going out of control and now small business employees are working less hours .

This saddens me being it was once my favorite U.S. city ..  :cry1:  I am thinking the best place to live now are in smaller towns or out in the country . We here in small town Iowa; my rent is cheep I have a cool two bed room place on the Mississippi river for $270 a month and a bunch of farmers here mostly grow organic foods . And to top it off we have the Amish not far north of me .

• Like 3

They tried and ended up with robots instead of people at some places.  Besides, McDonald's etc. isn't supposed to be a career. It's for teenagers. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CSB said:

Posted 6/30/17

For the second time this year, a city has found that there are no quick fixes to addressing poverty and raising wages. Recently, the city of Seattle funded a study on the impact its minimum wage increase was having and concluded that it was having a negative impact on the city’s economy. As is surprising to no one who has been paying attention to the effects of the minimum wage over the past few years, it has reduced employment, economic growth, and works hours.

Link to the whole post : http://www.freedomworks.org/content/seattle-finds-raising-minimum-wage-was-mistake

I think most of us that are awake knew this would happen; but then who are we to those that are asleep ???

I lived and worked in Seattle for 30 years it was a cool city but the libtard issue is now out of control ..

My son still lives in Seattle he told me just a few days ago that there have been a lot of negative changes to the city the cost of living is out of control rents are though the roof . He told me that a lot of small business have closed but some new ones have opened up pushing food and commodity prices up; even the services such as mechanic shops labor rates are going out of control and now small business employees are working less hours .

This saddens me being it was once my favorite U.S. city ..  :cry1:  I am thinking the best place to live now are in smaller towns or out in the country . We here in small town Iowa; my rent is cheep I have a cool two bed room place on the Mississippi river for $270 a month and a bunch of farmers here mostly grow organic foods . And to top it off we have the Amish not far north of me .

Most of us knew what would happen, and just like we tried to warn what libtards do they don't listen,

sounds like your doing great! and there are not too many places where you can find that kind of rent!!

4 minutes ago, apache54 said:

Most of us knew what would happen, and just like we tried to warn what libtards do they don't listen,

sounds like your doing great! and there are not too many places where you can find that kind of rent!!

I'm still trying to make ends meet this last few months has not been a picnic . I had to replace my computers that were stolen from my house in April, the truck took a few repairs new engine and a rear end and had to replace some carpenter tools .

But it will all come together soon . Then I will relax some . Even once a person retires there will be unexpected expenses . Life can be a b*tch . Ya I am lucky to have cheep rent even here in small town Iowa many apartments are now over $400 a month . But just a few miles 30 down the road in bigger towns/cities it doubles .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yep, I also read that workers were asking for less hours so they could still keep their welfare and free childcare.

This could be . I can understand way they would do this . Survival has become a chess game . 

22 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yep, I also read that workers were asking for less hours so they could still keep their welfare and free childcare.

I work with people that get really pissed off if they have to work O.T. I couldn't do something like that. I would be embarrassed. I'm glad I was raised right...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CSB said:

This could be . I can understand way they would do this . Survival has become a chess game . 

Yeah, I have family there and they say it's ridiculous and it keeps getting worse but they won't leave.
The average price for daycare is $13,000 a year and a two bedroom apt. is around $2,700 per month.
Plus WA has a housing law that makes it illegal for boys & girls over the age of two to share a bedroom.
So if you have a boy and a girl you need a three bedroom and at least $16,000 a year for a babysitter.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

They tried and ended up with robots instead of people at some places.  Besides, McDonald's etc. isn't supposed to be a career. It's for teenagers. 

I haven't been in a fast food restaurant in so long I can't remember what one looks like inside .. LOL .. But I did hear about some in Chicago that now use vending machines mounted on the out side of the restaurants to cut employee costs . Maybe soon they will use robots to cook the human meat laden burgers with GMO veggies ..

Oh yummmy  :coffeetime:

• Like 1

Just now, CSB said:

I haven't been in a fast food restaurant in so long I can't remember what one looks like inside .. LOL .. But I did hear about some in Chicago that now use vending machines mounted on the out side of the restaurants to cut employee costs . Maybe soon they will use robots to cook the human meat laden burgers with GMO veggies ..

Oh yummmy  :coffeetime:

I'd laugh but ... you could be right! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Eagles fan said:

I work with people that get really pissed off if they have to work O.T. I couldn't do something like that. I would be embarrassed. I'm glad I was raised right...

Yep, I was taught never to take anything I didn't earn myself.
I've seen people work so hard at scamming welfare when they could easily support themselves if they put that much effort into actually working.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Takers gonna take 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.