Cinnamon

Do You Want To Be A Lab Rat? Check this out.

We received this in an email today....

Hello, 

My name is NAME REMOVED, and I am an am an undergraduate researcher working at the Behavior, Information, and Technology lab (BITLab) at Michigan State University.  

Would you be able to facilitate contact between our lab and members of the Conspiracy Outpost forums about an opportunity to participate in one of our studies?

The project we are working on is a NSF (United States National Science Foundation) funded grant studying online communities.  

With your assistance, we hope to conduct phone interviews with long-term members of your site. Our study focuses on how users think about online communities, rather than on the content of the communities themselves. Conspiracy Outpost provides the opportunity for a diverse group of people to come together to discuss, debate, and theorize, and would greatly benefit our research goals. 

Anyone who volunteers to participate will be compensated $20 (US) for their input and will play a vital role in helping us uncover the qualities that lead to the successful design, management, and participation level of an online community. 

More details about the study can be found at the following link: LINK REMOVED

Our goal is to unobtrusively contact members of your site. We respect and appreciate your community, and don't want to disturb the natural flow of the site. Can you help us figure out the best way to find willing and interested participants for our study? Is there a place that would be appropriate for us to post a message about the study? Or would it be better for you to post a message? 

Please feel free to contact us at bitlab with any questions, comments, or to set up a time to discuss further details by phone if you prefer.    

Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Best, 

2 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Sounds fishy to me. 

That ain't gonna happen. I wonder how many other CT forums got that same email?  

• Like 1

Just now, thedudeabides said:

https://bitlab.cas.msu.edu/communities/

Actually may be a legit study. lmao. 

I don't care. LOL  They're going to have to find another way. There's no way in hell I'm going to ask people on here for any private info to give to anyone. EVER. Or let anyone data mine them on here. They need to go to a knitting website or something like that. Of all the websites in the world, we got picked. Things that make you go hmm. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I don't care. LOL  They're going to have to find another way. There's no way in hell I'm going to ask people on here for any private info to give to anyone. EVER. Or let anyone data mine them on here. They need to go to a knitting website or something like that. Of all the websites in the world, we got picked. Things that make you go hmm. 

Pretty sure we are the fasted growing CT forum on the internet.  

Also the person may be a Fan. ;)

happy to see ya guys care about us though. :D

Edited by thedudeabides

16 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

That ain't gonna happen. I wonder how many other CT forums got that same email?  

I WOULD NOT trust them, THEY may be legit, BUT I can tell you the information obtained can be used for many things and I would suspect it to be NOT good for any of us!!

I have seen to many things over the years, just like the tests they gave me in first grade!! B.S. i would not do it! there was NO one to protect me then and I paid dearly for it over the years!!

• Like 2

Just now, apache54 said:

I WOULD NOT trust them, THEY may be legit, BUT I can tell you the information obtained can be used for many things and I would suspect it to be NOT good for any of us!!

I have seen to many things over the years, just like the tests they gave me in first grade!! B.S. i would not do it! there was NO one to protect me then and I paid dearly for it over the years!!

Maybe they sent it to see if we'd show it to you guys. Now they know we can't be trusted! :gsbrnint:  I don't want anyone to do that. 

3 minutes ago, apache54 said:

How old are you? By Chance are you 28-33?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.