Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Ukshep

Remember This Video? The Soldier Just Learned His Charges

Recommended Posts

Last year, a video went viral depicting three Humveees worth up to an estimated $220,000 a piece plummeting to the ground from a Lockheed C-130 Hercules transport plane.

What followed was stunning: The Humvees just dropped to the ground like meteors and were instantly destroyed.

While it was later claimed that they had “simply slipped from their rigging as their parachutes deployed,” the evidence suggested that it was human error that led to the costly incident.

Fast forward to May, when Sgt. John Skipper of the 173th Airborne Brigade was reportedly charged with destruction of government property and making a false official statement.

Adam Linehan of Task & Purpose, a news site for veterans, noted that the maximum penalty Skipper could face would be 10 years in prison and a dishonorable discharge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, let's just forget about all the fraud, waste and abuse by private contractors and the U.S. government collusion in the ME, billions of dollars stolen also.  Their laws mean nothing to me anymore because they don't follow them, why should anyone else? OMG! He lied to the bastards. I hope he gets off all charges. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. In a thing where honesty saves lives and you make a contract not to, he lied. 

He should have told them from the beginning. It would be harder to wonder what he is lying about to fix the first lie. 

10 years seems awful stiff for an incompetent idiot. Hopefully its just the discharge.

Yes, those "bastards" are mad because anybodys house, dog or kid could have been under one of those things and given the never-never land childish idiots even more ammo to curse and whine on. Silly them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Yes, let's just forget about all the fraud, waste and abuse by private contractors and the U.S. government collusion in the ME, billions of dollars stolen also.  Their laws mean nothing to me anymore because they don't follow them, why should anyone else? OMG! He lied to the bastards. I hope he gets off all charges. 

I imagine due to the publicity this video got... It will be crucifixion for him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Curenado said:

Yes, those "bastards" are mad because anybodys house, dog or kid could have been under one of those things and given the never-never land childish idiots even more ammo to curse and whine on. Silly them.

 The chutes failed, but they still landed in the field, I don't see any danger to private property or living things in this case. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

 The chutes failed, but they still landed in the field, I don't see any danger to private property or living things in this case. 

I see more of an insult towards someone's pride! :gsbrnint:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Yes, let's just forget about all the fraud, waste and abuse by private contractors and the U.S. government collusion in the ME, billions of dollars stolen also.  Their laws mean nothing to me anymore because they don't follow them, why should anyone else? OMG! He lied to the bastards. I hope he gets off all charges. 

Me to..  Sounds like they're really stitching him up.  Just claim stupid? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Yes, let's just forget about all the fraud, waste and abuse by private contractors and the U.S. government collusion in the ME, billions of dollars stolen also.  Their laws mean nothing to me anymore because they don't follow them, why should anyone else? OMG! He lied to the bastards. I hope he gets off all charges. 

...and let's just forget about the missing $2 Trillion recorded by the Pentagon's accounting office, y'know the one that was hit by something on 9/11.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pffft...one hummer hits the dirt. I went walkabout to a different part of Adak, and found an ocean of Humvee's in deep storage. Money-wise, this is a drop in the bucket.

But seriously, if one guy takes the hit for this, it's pure BS. There should be enough different people doing checks and rechecks that this should've never happened. But it does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Pffft...one hummer hits the dirt. I went walkabout to a different part of Adak, and found an ocean of Humvee's in deep storage. Money-wise, this is a drop in the bucket.

But seriously, if one guy takes the hit for this, it's pure BS. There should be enough different people doing checks and rechecks that this should've never happened. But it does.

one?? you mean multiple...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COBO Member said:

Pffft...one hummer hits the dirt. I went walkabout to a different part of Adak, and found an ocean of Humvee's in deep storage. Money-wise, this is a drop in the bucket.

But seriously, if one guy takes the hit for this, it's pure BS. There should be enough different people doing checks and rechecks that this should've never happened. But it does.

Commonsense is not very common in the military. You will find very few NCOs who actually know their stuff, forget about accident prevention measures. With all the money to spend, they could not dummy proof that parachute attachment scheme. Now a poor soul has to suffer for that. Good job Amurika, you just have added one more future homeless on your street. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.