Cryptic Mole

Penguin Travels 5,000 Miles Every Year To Visit The Human That Saved His Life

Penguin Travels 5,000 Miles Every Year To Visit The Human That Saved His Life:

March 11, 2016:

BY MARK PYGAS:

In 2011, retired bricklayer Joao Pereira de Souza, 71, who lives in an island village just outside Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, found a tiny penguin covered in oil and close to death. Naming the penguin Dindim, Joao nursed the bird back to health. Dindim refused multiple attempts at release back into the wild, until he suddenly vanished more than 11 months later, shortly after he changed his coat.

But Dindim refused to stay away for too long. Just a few months later, Joao spotted him on the beach again. For the past five years, Dindim has spent eight months of the year with Joao, traveling 5,000 miles from his breeding grounds in Argentina and Chile.

“I love the penguin like it’s my own child and I believe the penguin loves me,” Joao told Globo TV.“ 

“No one else is allowed to touch him. He pecks them if they do. He lays on my lap, lets me give him showers, allows me to feed him sardines and to pick him up.” “Everyone said he wouldn’t return but he has been coming back to visit me for the past four years. He arrives in June and leaves to go home in February and every year he becomes more affectionate as he appears even happier to see me.”

See Images and Video: http://www.the-open-mind.com/penguin-travels-5000-miles-every-year-to-visit-the-human-that-saved-his-life/

Edited by Cryptic Mole
  • Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.