Quick1966

Neighbor gets shot by Firefighter after he brandishes his firearm!

So the old guy that gets shot is in the running for the Darwin Award. He completely disregarded the most important Rule#1:You never brandish a weapon as that is asking to be shot and the legality is against you. Rule #2: When responding to a threat, make sure the threat is completely immobilized/eliminated. Personally, if I am in a situation where I have to use deadly force, I will do everything I can to terminate said threat. That said enjoy the show.

P.s: If you shoot someone 4 times in the chest and they get up and walk away you might want to think about upgrading to a higher caliber like a .45 with hollow points. ;)

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9fd_1499286996

• Like 2

Only 4 hits out of how many shots??? .45JHP's don't make you a better shot.

I know he's not getting charged as it was clearly self defense. But I see a civil suit by the old man (or his family) waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

Looks like this may be the end of a long running feud......May be......

Prosecutor: Firefighter shot neighbor in self-defense

The neighbors have been in a long-running dispute. Keller and Weigle have clashed more than a dozen times since 2009, according to Johnson County Sheriff's Office reports.

The men argued about a range of things, including the location of a fence, Keller's dogs and Weigle's motorcycle.

On Sept. 9, 2011, officers arrested both men on battery charges after a fight. During the scuffle, Keller was stabbed in the arm and Weigle suffered cuts, scratches and bite wounds, according to a police report.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2017/07/05/no-charges-after-firefighter-shoots-neighbor-johnson-county/451606001/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Only 4 hits out of how many shots??? .45JHP's don't make you a better shot.

Agreed. But 4 shots of .45JPH in the chest almost guarantees your not gonna brush them off and walk away like nothing happened! Lol!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quick1966 said:

Agreed. But 4 shots of .45JPH in the chest almost guarantees your not gonna brush them off and walk away like nothing happened! Lol!

Agreed! 4 hits center of mass is typically unsurvivable.

EDIT: Unless it's a .25ACP :gsbrnint:

Edited by COBO Member
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Quick1966 said:

So the old guy that gets shot is in the running for the Darwin Award. He completely disregarded the most important Rule#1:You never brandish a weapon as that is asking to be shot and the legality is against you. Rule #2: When responding to a threat, make sure the threat is completely immobilized/eliminated. Personally, if I am in a situation where I have to use deadly force, I will do everything I can to terminate said threat. That said enjoy the show.

P.s: If you shoot someone 4 times in the chest and they get up and walk away you might want to think about upgrading to a higher caliber like a .45 with hollow points. ;)

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9fd_1499286996

He was on a ride on mower was he? 

3 hours ago, 2QIK4U said:

He was on a ride on mower was he? 

Yeah and apparently was looking for a fight. Which he found. Lol!

People are just too dam# eager to kill one another now-a-days...

What ever happend to love thy neighbor?

He was just a cranky old man. My uncle was like that. Always tellin me to get the hell out. But i eventually won him over by showing him i was interested in the same things he was, like gunsmithing and making wine...

6 hours ago, Quick1966 said:

Yeah and apparently was looking for a fight. Which he found. Lol!

Ok cool. I couldn't see the gun... Wierd where the camera was sitting 

5 hours ago, 2QIK4U said:

Ok cool. I couldn't see the gun... Wierd where the camera was sitting 

Well apparently they've had a long history of problems over the years. If you look at @abigfatzero post above for more info.

Moral of the story?

dont be a perpetual asshole and talk smack about a mans wife with a gun in your hand unless you're already firing.....

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.