Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

Facebook Clamps Down on “Low Quality” Links on Newsfeeds

Recommended Posts

Facebook is rolling out an update that would throttle links from users who are judged to be posting “vast amounts” of low-quality content onto their profiles and clogging up the news feeds of their friends.

“Our research shows that there is a tiny group of people on Facebook who routinely share vast amounts of public posts per day, effectively spamming people’s feeds,” Adam Mosseri, Facebook’s VP of News Feed, wrote in a blog post. “Our research further shows that the links they share tend to include low-quality content such as clickbait, sensationalism, and misinformation,” the post continued.

While links will be restricted, no other forms of posting will be effected. Mosseri confirmed that “this update will only apply to links, such as an individual article, not to domains, pages, videos, photos, check-ins or status updates.” Rob Waugh, writing in The Metro, lamented that “pictures of people’s breakfasts or little maps showing how far they’ve jogged” would not be removed from his feed.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/07/05/facebook-clamps-down-on-low-quality-links-on-newsfeeds/

Expect less information to now reach the fb sheeple!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Facebook is rolling out an update that would throttle links from users who are judged to be posting “vast amounts” of low-quality content onto their profiles and clogging up the news feeds of their friends.

“Our research shows that there is a tiny group of people on Facebook who routinely share vast amounts of public posts per day, effectively spamming people’s feeds,” Adam Mosseri, Facebook’s VP of News Feed, wrote in a blog post. “Our research further shows that the links they share tend to include low-quality content such as clickbait, sensationalism, and misinformation,” the post continued.

While links will be restricted, no other forms of posting will be effected. Mosseri confirmed that “this update will only apply to links, such as an individual article, not to domains, pages, videos, photos, check-ins or status updates.” Rob Waugh, writing in The Metro, lamented that “pictures of people’s breakfasts or little maps showing how far they’ve jogged” would not be removed from his feed.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/07/05/facebook-clamps-down-on-low-quality-links-on-newsfeeds/

Expect less information to now reach the fb sheeple!

"low-quality content such as clickbait, sensationalism, and misinformation, the post continued" = alternative media websites

They must have all content march in lockstep to the official narrative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facebook is the king of spammy ads....it's how they make their money.....a company that produces nothing.

“pictures of people’s breakfasts or little maps showing how far they’ve jogged” is considered HIGH QUALITY?? :oaeemqeo:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess CNN and NYT and MSNBC links will be banned. LOL And furthermore, if they're "friends" for reals... why are they trying to protect them from their "friends". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I guess CNN and NYT and MSNBC links will be banned. LOL And furthermore, if they're "friends" for reals... why are they trying to protect them from their "friends". 

Problem is the boot is coming down. Do others see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right at a time when more people are clamping down on low quality social sites by ditching them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ukshep said:

Problem is the boot is coming down. Do others see it?

Of course they're going to go after anyone who is saying anything other than the "official narratives".  This shows us also, how dangerously frightened they truly are at losing control. And I DO mean dangerous!  The MSM links won't be bothered with. I was just being facetious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Of course they're going to go after anyone who is saying anything other than the "official narratives".  This shows us also, how dangerously frightened they truly are at losing control. And I DO mean dangerous!  The MSM links won't be bothered with. I was just being facetious. 

They know they've lost total control. No stopping it now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JayDee said:

Right at a time when more people are clamping down on low quality social sites by ditching them. 

I'm hoping they're to the point of seeing this, too. Clamping down might be another Yuuuuuuuge mistake! I can only hope! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Of course they're going to go after anyone who is saying anything other than the "official narratives".  This shows us also, how dangerously frightened they truly are at losing control. And I DO mean dangerous!  The MSM links won't be bothered with. I was just being facetious. 

Whats scary is the sheeple buy into this stuff.  Its for their protection or better yet, "Its for the protection of their children".

Soon thereafter, the sheeple realize they have given up all of their rights in exchange for a vague promise of protection.

Does this sound familiar?  It should, it's the blue print for almost every totalitarian regime since people learned to write things down.

nuff said...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, phxsparks said:

Whats scary is the sheeple buy into this stuff.  Its for their protection or better yet, "Its for the protection of their children".

Soon thereafter, the sheeple realize they have given up all of their rights in exchange for a vague promise of protection.

Does this sound familiar?  It should, it's the blue print for almost every totalitarian regime since people learned to write things down.

nuff said...

If I tried to do the same nasty thing to the same people over and over, I wouldn't get very far.  But they do!  I guess because people forget over time and don't research the way we do. None of us will do well under Totalitarianism. At all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

If I tried to do the same nasty thing to the same people over and over, I wouldn't get very far.  But they do!  I guess because people forget over time and don't research the way we do. None of us will do well under Totalitarianism. At all. 

Count me out of any totalitarian stuff.  I will stay at my secluded location in the mountains and enjoy life.

It's a bizarro world and getting more bizarre.  There comes a time to just drop out of the insanity.

We are getting close to that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.