COBO Member

I'm Thinking of Getting a Drone

Hope this is the right forum for this!

Last night watching the fireworks, our group counted at least 7 drones hovering in the area. So I've been doing some half-assed research on models and FAA regs.

What I'm not finding (so far) are the nav light requirements. I saw most of them last night sporting the same red/green lights as regular aircraft. But one only had a white strobe.

Anyone here really up to speed on this tech'y? Do you have any advice for someone that doesn't play video games?

5 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Hope this is the right forum for this!

Last night watching the fireworks, our group counted at least 7 drones hovering in the area. So I've been doing some half-assed research on models and FAA regs.

What I'm not finding (so far) are the nav light requirements. I saw most of them last night sporting the same red/green lights as regular aircraft. But one only had a white strobe.

Anyone here really up to speed on this tech'y? Do you have any advice for someone that doesn't play video games?

I'd love to get a drone one day. Attach some nerf missiles. But seriously I do want one eventually. So I'll be reading this looking out for info if someone knows more!

6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'd love to get a drone one day. Attach some nerf missiles. But seriously I do want one eventually. So I'll be reading this looking out for info if someone knows more!

A buddy of mine is coming in for the NAS Oceana airshow in Sept. and is planning on bringing his. I'm afraid the hook will be set after a little instruction.

Heh heh...nerf missiles. Wish I had the $$$ for one with a live-cam feed to a laptop or phone! 

6 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

A buddy of mine is coming in for the NAS Oceana airshow in Sept. and is planning on bringing his. I'm afraid the hook will be set after a little instruction.

Heh heh...nerf missiles. Wish I had the $$$ for one with a live-cam feed to a laptop or phone! 

Oh it's got to have a camera!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.