Sky Cat

Illinois Tax Rate Soars 32% After Senate Overrides Governor Veto

Illinois is a lost cause. More taxes won't fix a damn thing, but of course democrats always think it will. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Groove said:

Illinois is a lost cause. More taxes won't fix a damn thing, but of course democrats always think it will. 

They are only driving it into the ground faster and don't realise it and don't want to know it.  Lemmings.

6 hours ago, Sky Cat said:

They are only driving it into the ground faster and don't realise it and don't want to know it.  Lemmings.

Yep. And when you look at a lot of movies from the past say 30 years they always paint either Detroit or Chicago as a hell hole where the city is falling apart and the politicians are always crooked. Just seems like they always knew those cities would go down the tube. 

There is no 'noise' in Illinois.  :gsbrnint:  When I was a kid, my Illinois cousins came down to see us and told me that. I think it's what they learn in school? There is no noise in Illinois. 

Illinois is just the start. Time to quit work and go on welfare in that state. :) 

All the new taxes will be on the private citizens. The businesses will not pay any new taxes. They will close up shop and move out of the state. You can look at California to see that. And once the businesses leave, you won't have a job anyway. Just bite the bullet now. Quit and collect welfare. See what Illinois does then. 

The people that get a pension from the state do not and will not willingly take a pension cut. I hear it all the time. Social Security or their State pension is OWED to them. They worked for it and put in money for years for it and they want what they were promised. You can not blame them for that either. But Illinois, like all the others and this includes the USA federal .gov, will have to cut pensions. They are not going to have a choice. I have no idea why people didn't believe them as they have been telling us for years and years and years. Ever since I can remember.... No SSI or pension for you!!!!! It's not going to be there when you retire. I took them at their word in a way.... I made sure to own some land in a place that I could afford the taxes. And property taxes go away when you are 65 or so. I'm not sure of the age but it's retirement age. I'm only 55, I just feel ancient a whole lot.  ;)  

The trick is not getting something. It's holding on to what you possess is the trick. You work and work and one day, it all comes crashing down and you have to start over. I have started over a whole lot. Hopefully, I won't have to again but I am not counting on that.( UBI, UBI, UBI, I really want this UBI I've decided. ;)

I hear from a lot of people that there are jobs out there. But there are not. I was talking to a lady yesterday. She works 2 jobs and she is down at the check loan place getting a loan from them. That is a vicious cycle once you have to resort to the check cashing loan place. Desperate.... You will go to jail if you do not pay off that check and what they charge for it. Jail... Credit cards just dun you and depending on your state, you will skate away with just bad credit. Some states will put you in jail for credit cards. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/the-new-bill-collector-tactic-jail-time.html

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.