Cinnamon

How many of you would like to just unplug from the internet?

Feelin it.  kinda love hate thing with all of it lately..   Strong desire to ditch it for awhile - no doubt.  I too work online so.  yeah.. really starting to feel that desire to unplug from it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean Winchester said:

Feelin it.  kinda love hate thing with all of it lately..   Strong desire to ditch it for awhile - no doubt.  I too work online so.  yeah.. really starting to feel that desire to unplug from it

So intrusive now, I love my privacy. One day, I will take a hammer and an ax to this fn thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Condor said:

Yup!  That's why you don't see me posting as much.  And it's summer...

I like creating things, like paintings and I do plaster work as a hobby. I can create things online, but it doesn't give that good feeling of satisfaction like hands on creativity, to me anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

So intrusive now, I love my privacy. One day, I will take a hammer and an ax to this fn thing. 

My thoughts exactly.

The other day my phone died and I panicked for a minute. That passed, and I felt very free for a while. I miss alone time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, five said:

My thoughts exactly.

The other day my phone died and I panicked for a minute. That passed, and I felt very free for a while. I miss alone time. 

If we are going to have that, we just have to TAKE it. Turn it all off and do what we want for awhile. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

If we are going to have that, we just have to TAKE it. Turn it all off and do what we want for awhile. 

At least we still have that option. For now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I like creating things, like paintings and I do plaster work as a hobby. I can create things online, but it doesn't give that good feeling of satisfaction like hands on creativity, to me anyway. 

Right on!  With 6 months of snow, us Canadians appreciate the warm weather and get out as much as possible.  Plus this yard work keeps me busy! 

Having a physical object you created gives a feeling that is hard to beat.  I guess that's why everything changes with a child.  :gsbrnint:

1 minute ago, Condor said:

Right on!  With 6 months of snow, us Canadians appreciate the warm weather and get out as much as possible.  Plus this yard work keeps me busy! 

Having a physical object you created gives a feeling that is hard to beat.  I guess that's why everything changes with a child.  :gsbrnint:

My friend has a 2yo and is pregnant with another due in 3 months. She's busy creating all right. lol 

• Like 2

A number of years back the power in my old neighborhood went out. That's when I realized electromagnetic and wifi pollution is real because I felt fantastic and was disappointed when the power came back on.  So, I'd be ok with no internet, just as long as everyone was in the same boat. However, the information sharing and creativity on display on the net is really amazing and worth dealing with the negatives. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JayDee said:

A number of years back the power in my old neighborhood went out. That's when I realized electromagnetic and wifi pollution is real because I felt fantastic and was disappointed when the power came back on.  So, I'd be ok with no internet, just as long as everyone was in the same boat. However, the information sharing and creativity on display on the net is really amazing and worth dealing with the negatives. 

Yes, you can really feel a difference when the power goes out. The silence is amazing, we hear all this background noise constantly and get used to it, too.  The pros for me outweigh the cons, otherwise... 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.