This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Co-founder of Berlin’s ‘liberal mosque’ under 24-hour protection after multiple death threats

ESET    1,226

A co-founder of Berlin’s first ‘liberal mosque’, which has allowed both men and women, including members of the LGBT community, to pray together since opening last month, has been placed under 24-hour protection after receiving hundreds of death threats.

Speaking to RT, Seyran Ates, a women’s rights activist and lawyer who is one of the unusual prayer site’s seven founders, said she is not surprised by the reaction, as she is the “heart” of a movement that is infringing on patriarchal values.

“I expected such a reaction. I expected that not everyone would like it. In general, of course, I knew that men wouldn’t give up the patriarchate so easily, because these are the patriarchal structures that we are attacking,” Ates told RT.

YourMom2    1,356

Maybe the liberal mosque attendees should arm themselves with guns and ammo. Oh wait.....

Germany has become one giant clusterfvck. How many death threats has Madame Merkel received?