Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

Space warning: Satellite is spiraling out of control above Earth

Spacecraft construction company SES says it lost control of its satellite on June 17 and is now struggling locate it.

SES’s AMC-9 satellite, which was 36,000 kilometres above the Earth’s surface, began spiralling out of control following a “significant anomaly”.

The company, which bills itself as a provider of “reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions”, said the satellite began breaking apart in the last few days.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/824200/Satellite-SPIRALLING-out-of-control-space-warning

So we are to expect this.... Well it was not what I assumed it would be.... But these metals in these satellites burn up certain color due to the composition of materials... Re-entry could give us quite a show.... A blue show! and with all the things ready to go.... Hell this is prophetic. Possible hopi blue star!

If it crashes near you, get there quick, the pieces are worth a lot on ebay. :D

49 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

If it crashes near you, get there quick, the pieces are worth a lot on ebay. :D

Now that is a great plan :D

2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Now that is a great plan :D

That actually happened with space shuttle Columbia disaster. In about 6 hours after disintegrating on re-entry, pieces were being auctioned on ebay.

This is so sick, but I couldn't help but laugh. I need a shrink. :therapy:

2 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

This is so sick, but I couldn't help but laugh. I need a shrink. :therapy:

This one won't be though :D no people on board.. Therefore. Scavenge away! Also careful with shrinks. My shrink needs a shrink for his shrink and vice versa. So much f**kery! :laughl:

21 minutes ago, Groove said:

Wasnt AMC9 the sat in that video the other day that supposedly blew up?

@Groove  The same satellite was mentioned in another thread.

A satellite may be falling apart in geostationary orbit [Updated]

It is not clear what might have caused the AMC-9 satellite to become unresponsive.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/07/a-large-satellite-appears-to-be-falling-apart-in-geostationary-orbit/

My question is, how do the satelites "spiral out of control" when they are in a perfect anti-grav field designed to orbit the earth?  Don't they just disintegrate, which is why we have tons of space junk floating around, according to Nassssssaaaaa.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.