Purchase An Ad Slot!
Ukshep

Bizarre computer glitch sends technology stocks all crashing to same price

A bizarre computer glitch sent shares in dozens of US technology companies including Apple, Amazon and Microsoft to the same price on Tuesday morning, leading some to apparently lose billions in market value.

The bug showed many stocks on the Nasdaq exchange to briefly be reported as $123.47 on Bloomberg, Reuters and Google Finance data. It was triggered after financial information providers wrongly interpreted a Nasdaq data test as live prices, leading to brief pandemonium on trading floors.

Amazon's shares were shown falling from almost $950, a drop of 87 per cent, Google owner Alphabet's fell by 86 per cent and Apple fell by 14.3 per cent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/07/04/bizarre-computer-glitch-sends-technology-stocks-crashing-price/

This is odd......

Wonder who bought the stock..... It would have been on the... quoting the article... " Some suggested the early closing of stock exchanges on Monday may have been behind the glitch. Nasdaq said the error was related to "unlisted trading privileges", a right that allows stocks listed on an exchange to be traded elsewhere."

Unlisted trading privileges that allows public stock market stocks to be manipulated elsewhere.... How interesting.. Are they admitting that the stock market is a rigged game? How very sweet of them to drop that little nugget of gold about their useless paper they are conning you with. 

• Like 2

I have a feeling there's something more to this than meets the eye. I don't think this was a glitch at all, maybe a test? /Tinfoil

Could be a manufactured flash crash to trigger all of the stops on open long trades.  That would probably put a nice chunk of change in a select handful of pockets.  :nodl:

Just now, Dan Lannon said:

Could be a manufactured flash crash to trigger all of the stops on open long trades.  That would probably put a nice chunk of change in a select handful of pockets.  :nodl:

That's what i was thinking as well, But if everyone's stop loss was tripped than wouldn't we be hearing about a whole lot of very angry people? In fact, the media coverage on this is much lower than i would have expected, like its being downplayed.

The Chris Christie story is more important right now.

Nothing like a good serving of anti-gov sentiment on the 4th to stir up the patriots.

23 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

The algorithms are at it again.

Testing for the real one.

I can't wait for those fireworks to go off.

Sure ain't no "glitch."

Looking at stock charts reminds me of a horror film 

glad I don't have one cent in any market 

it's not if it's when 

Somebody sending a message like last time?

Fat finger, sure it was.......

Didn't have a thing to do with Ron Paul's audit the fed bill, nope, nothing at all....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.