Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Report: “Obamaphone” Program Has Potentially Million of Ineligible Users

Ukshep    20,043

Even though it wasn’t started under Barack Obama, the Lifeline Program — colloquially known as the “Obamaphone” — became a symbol of the expanding entitlement state under the previous administration.

Now, a report from the Government Accountability Office reveals largesse and fraud under the Lifeline Program is even worse than its conservative critics imagined.

According to the Washington Times, the report — conducted at the behest of Sen. Claire McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat desperately trying to establish moderate credentials before her re-election bid next year — revealed over one-third of those enrolled in the program likely aren’t qualified. - http://conservativetribune.com/obamaphone-program-for-fraud/

Someone in trumps administration better get on this then! He'll love being able to save money.... If he cares that is!

Groove    1,929

Well no joke. That program was abused from the beginning. Hell I personally know at least 15 people who mLe more money a year than I do that all have multiple Obama phones. I know numerous people in the "hood" with numerous phones that are all still connected. Even one that every time a phone runs out of mins they literally throw the phone in the trash and just grab the next one. Wtf. This thing has been nothing but a huge scam but also have to admit was a genius way to track people who otherwise couldn't afford a phone. 

Ukshep    20,043
19 minutes ago, Groove said:

Well no joke. That program was abused from the beginning. Hell I personally know at least 15 people who mLe more money a year than I do that all have multiple Obama phones. I know numerous people in the "hood" with numerous phones that are all still connected. Even one that every time a phone runs out of mins they literally throw the phone in the trash and just grab the next one. Wtf. This thing has been nothing but a huge scam but also have to admit was a genius way to track people who otherwise couldn't afford a phone. 

Same as with all programs targeted at minorities it seems. Also sliding into welfare!

Groove    1,929
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Same as with all programs targeted at minorities it seems. Also sliding into welfare!

Definitely. Pander to the crowd that already thinks they are owed everything and of course your going to get fraud. Hell I've listened to the people signing people up straight tell them how to lie on the forms. Even a radio station did a bit a cpl years back where they sent a white female doctor in to get a phone, this woman even admitted to making over $300k a year and yet she still walked out with 4 phones. WTF!!!! The radio djs were shocked and couldn't belive it. 

Ukshep    20,043
1 minute ago, Groove said:

Definitely. Pander to the crowd that already thinks they are owed everything and of course your going to get fraud. Hell I've listened to the people signing people up straight tell them how to lie on the forms. Even a radio station did a bit a cpl years back where they sent a white female doctor in to get a phone, this woman even admitted to making over $300k a year and yet she still walked out with 4 phones. WTF!!!! The radio djs were shocked and couldn't belive it. 

I'm not sure it's that. I've been trying to get more exposure to the process by attending some places and seeing how things are done. I will say I notice a theme running throughout workers in the welfare system in the UK. The staff do everything. Bend over backwards to use loopholes to get free money for these people. They pull every kind of play in the book when it's a refugee.

Last time I went to the job center I sat down in the side officer and I saw several people. Had a long meeting. As I walked around something popped out at me. Those not native born to the UK or with some kind of migrants status were always smiling like crazy and shaking hands for what they got, received or were told. On the other spectrum... plenty of native youth hanging outside of the place and fights every so often. Not to mention A LOT of confrontation inside from men and women frustrated. Difference being.... Heavy impression. Welfare works for migrants. Not for natives...

Odd analysis. I still wish I could do something about it!