Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WhiteHorse

Uranium over the limit in water supply

WhiteHorse    583

These two notices posted outside the laundromat in a small Texas town where I do laundry. 

And we wonder why cancer is at an all time high. 

Disclaimer on notice; No Emergency, only long term exposure can cause cancer☠️👀, how long was the ppm at the threshold level before the threshold was reached? 

Not only do you need a Geiger counter for fish, check that tap and bottled water also! 

19 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

That's scary stuff! Where is it coming from? 

Uranium gets into drinking water when groundwater dissolves minerals that contain uranium. The amount of uranium in well water will vary depending upon its concentration in bedrock. However, even within areas that have bedrock types containing uranium, there is a large degree of variation within relatively small areas.

This is something mentioned in Connecticut, but probably same premise anywhere else.  Source: https://www.hopewelltwp.org/uranium_in_drinking_water.pdf

Uncle Thanky    1,143
25 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Alvord is in North Central Texas.

Curenado    937
52 minutes ago, Uncle Thanky said:

Alvord is in North Central Texas.

And North Texas is where the biggest ongoing "porter ranch" gas mine leak is. It was going before gay acres, is bigger and is still going strong.

The wipp facility here got a chunk of texas & juarez, but that is SE nm

Incidentally.....I hear there's a 90 day waiting list at the TX chemo pits and we do still take private cases from "out there" for a fraction of the cost, and you get to keep your hair. I dread when they want to do rad & chemo, but I just clean that back up too.

Groove    1,912

Love how they say that it's dangerous and can cause cancer but there's nothing to worry about. Keep drinking your tap water. 

Wow. 

Cinnamon    22,759
3 minutes ago, Groove said:

Love how they say that it's dangerous and can cause cancer but there's nothing to worry about. Keep drinking your tap water. 

Wow. 

:blink:  Yeh just keep on ingesting a cancer causing substance. It will only give you cancer, maybe. 

Curenado    937
3 minutes ago, Groove said:

Wow. 

That's like when we pretend to learn how to cure rad and tox illnesses with more radiation and poison. I could just never get my head around that? Its my "alfred e neuman" moment in medicine....

Ukshep    19,868
9 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

It fell out of hillary's pockets as they crosses the state!