Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

McDonalds Is Replacing 2,500 Human Cashiers With Digital Kiosks: Here Is Its Math

Ukshep    19,905

The stock market is luvin' McDonalds stock, which has continued its recent relentless rise to all time highs, up 26% YTD, oblivious to the carnage among the broader restaurant and fast-food sector. There is a reason for Wall Street's euphoria: the same one we discussed in January in "Dear Bernie, Meet the "Big Mac ATM" That Will Replace All Of Your $15 Per Hour Fast Food Workers."

In a report released this week by Cowen's Andrew Charles, the analyst calculates the jump in sales as a result of the company's new Experience of the Future strategy which anticipates that digital ordering kiosks (shown above) will replace cashiers in at least 2,500 restaurants by the end of 2017 and another 3,000 over 2018. Cowen also cited plans for the restaurant chain to roll out mobile ordering across 14,000 U.S. locations by the end of 2017 (we did not show that particular math, but the logic was similarly compelling).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-23/mcdonalds-replacing-2500-human-cashiers-digital-kiosks-here-its-math

Erm.... So we have how many people now without jobs? And they are mostly libs right? Oh well I guess they can always protest for soros!

Siddrix    1,016

I don't eat Slick-Donalds anymore cause when i do i feel bloated for half a month...

:scary: What's in that junk???

Tarmalen    1,297
1 minute ago, Siddrix said:

I don't eat Slick-Donalds anymore cause when i do i feel bloated for half a month...

Mainly cheap additive junk...

All brands start up using the best stuff....get a following...then switch to cheap stuff to further the profit margin...to hell with making good food.

Ukshep    19,905
4 minutes ago, Siddrix said:

Lots of crap that's for sure. Not good for continued consumption.

Dan Lannon    537

I sort of figured the day would come when Soylent Green would be served up by automatons instead of unenthusiastic shoe-gazing slackers.  :gsbrnint:

apache54    4,833
49 minutes ago, Dan Lannon said:

I sort of figured the day would come when Soylent Green would be served up by automatons instead of unenthusiastic shoe-gazing slackers.  :gsbrnint:

:iagree:

sybdragon    1,504

UBI getting closer and closer. This is so fabulous. I am waiting on that UBI and it can not get here fast enough. Yes, I am. 

I used to think that this UBI (universal basic income) was an insane idea. Free money.... Just insane... The American public would not go for it because we had a strong work ethic. But that work ethic has flown away and the young millennials do not believe in it. And the way I see it.... The boomers were the largest generation. The generations after them were not so big. Guess it takes a war to get war babies huh? The boomers were war babies. Then the boomers had children. The millennials. And there are more millennials than boomers now and that number will continue to go up as the boomers die off. I am 55, just turned that BTW, on the 12th of this month. And I am the ass end of the boomer generation. There is a couple years after me for boomers but I really consider us ass end boomers more GenX. I relate more to GenX than I do the older boomers. And being on the cusp, I tend to relate to the later boomers and early GenX best. The children of the boomers and GenX are the spoiled brats that want everything because they got trophies just for participating and they didn't have to be good at anything to get a reward. They could suck and still get a reward. Why try that hard when everyone gets the same trophy? What a waste of effort. So I can see where these kids got this shitty attitude they have. In the meantime, they have no work ethics to speak of because they expect it to be handed to them just for showing up. Doesn't matter if they are late or anything. They still showed up and got their trophy. 

I have watched the ass end boomers and GenX get screwed repeatedly. The early boomers and their parents got the pensions and the great life. The later boomers and GenX will get nothing. We have been told this from right after we emerged from the womb. Nothing will be here when we get old enough so do not count on it. Get you a 401K they said. And look at how that turned out. Busted and broke 401Ks. Just like the SS funds are. So now what? I always wondered what would change. I wonder no more. 

There will be a change. And it will be the UBI. Along with automation, comes the UBI. I am watching the moves now and they are coming faster and faster. And at this point.... I want it. I am tired of fighting. It seems that is all I've done is fight against the system. There are so many rules and regs that if you start a business, some weirdos screaming you are racist and will put you out of business. It's not worth it anymore to deal with these pampered pets. They are very annoying. 

These were the last jobs around unless you are mechanically inclined and can fix stuff. Machinery and stuff if it needs it. The other stuff can all be done by computers. They even have a computer that can build a house. Faster than man can build it. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-robot-could-build-much-of-your-next-house-2016-11-01

There are going to be no jobs and it's going to be within the next 10 years. Lots of things are going to change and people are going to want it. Why? Because they are going to make us beg for it. We are going to be hurting. A world of hurt is coming our way. Why? Because people are saying, no UBI. And there has to be one. There are too many people and not enough jobs. This creates an underclass of criminals. And they do not even need humans to enforce the law. They have robots to do that too. China is putting one on the streets right now. http://www.popsci.com/china-debuts-anbot-police-robot

This was told to those people that wanted $15 an hour for their labor. It's not worth that much. And now, they are being shown it's not worth a single penny. Goodbye to $15 an hour and goodbye to a single penny from them. McDonalds is just the first. Others will follow. Only one or two people will be at each store, just in case something goes wrong. And eventually, those people might not have to be there either as they go totally automatic. We are coming up on the Star Trek world extremely fast in the western countries. And the UBI will not be paid to illegals. And there will also be no jobs for illegals. There are machines that can pick tomatoes. If they can pick tomatoes, do you think they can not pick the others that are actually not as fragile as tomatoes? I know they have a sweet potato picker machine. The state of Kentucky has one that they lend out to farmers in their sweet potato growing program. No work. Just supply the land and Kentucky has a machine for that. Some study they are doing or were. I am sure they still got the machine and it's still going out to farms in Kentucky to pick sweet potatoes. 

So we have gotten rid of the fast food cashiers. The factory workers. The police on the street. The truck drivers and taxi drivers and all those transportation type jobs. The retail store is dying except for the second hand market stores. They have drones to deliver your orders so you do not have to go anywhere for your meds or food or clothes or anything really. Amazon drones. There are computer doctors that make better diagnoses than a human one. Already tested and ready to go. Everything is going to be automated or computerized. So.... whatcha gonna do for a job? Make your own? And? What are you going to make your own doing? And who is going to purchase your stuff anyway if no one else has a job or money? Ole Henry Ford knew the score. He paid his workers enough to buy his cars. Otherwise, he might not have sold many cars..... 

UBI incoming. Please get here fast. I am ready for it. I am convinced at this point that that is the end game of this financial crash. And I wish that it didn't take a financial crash for people to come to the conclusion that it will and must happen. There is not other way for prophecy to get fulfilled either. Not if there is cash around to spend. Cash must go. All this stuff is coming and nothing you do will stop it. Prophecy. Call it God or call it someone made up a playbook that they are following. Call it whatever you want to. But I see it coming to life and coming faster. Like time is speeding up somehow. Anyway, I won't go off on a philosophical or religious spew. Just what I believe. ;) 

TheOldMan    2,396
2 hours ago, Siddrix said:

Not food 

that's for sure 

I've been to one of these about a year ago in Orlando. They had touch screens for ordering -- the order took FOREVER!   LOL 

apache54    4,833
2 hours ago, Siddrix said:

YOU,  don't want to know,

nothing of course that the FDA has NOT approved for YOU!! LOL

apache54    4,833
4 minutes ago, One Step Away said:

I've been to one of these about a year ago in Orlando. They had touch screens for ordering -- the order took FOREVER!   LOL 

won't be long before the robot will also bring the food to you!!

so where are all the college kids going to work now when they get out with their degrees in B.S.  ??:gsbrnint: