Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NowServingNumber52

Recently-Released Child Molester Moves in Next Door to Victim — and It’s Legal

A convicted Oklahoma sex offender recently released from prison is living next door to the woman he molested when she was a little girl — and it’s legal for him to do so, PEOPLE confirms.

Reached by phone Thursday, Danyelle Dyer, 21, tells PEOPLE she was “extremely shocked” to learn her abusive uncle would be living just yards away upon his release from prison June 13.

“I was pretty outraged, but I have channeled that rage into a more positive outlet, which, for me, is sharing my story and empowering other victims of sexual assault,” Dyer says, adding her parents researched state laws in the hopes of blocking the move, only to learn they had no legal recourse.

“It was disheartening to learn the law is not on our side,” she says.

When Dyer was a little girl, her uncle, Harold English, sexually abused her. English, now 65, served more than a dozen years behind bars following his 2004 conviction on lewd molestation charges.

Upon his release, English moved into his mother’s home in Bristow, next door to where the victim has always resided.

“I was coming back from class and he was out mowing in my grandmother’s backyard, and it made me uneasy just being home,” Dyer tells PEOPLE. “I go to school in Edmond so I’m only home half the time, and I think twice before going home now. I have a very close family, so it’s hard for me to not constantly be with them.”

Only five states — including Alabama and Tennessee — place restrictions on how far an offender can live from his or her victim.

http://people.com/crime/molester-moves-in-next-door-victim-oklahoma/

Automan63    2,159

This too shall be dealt with upon reset.

You know it's coming, I know it's coming, "they" don't believe it's possible, for if "they" did, "they" would cease their current ways and repent.

"they" have not, are not, and "they" will not, ever.

The arrogance of the sociopath/psychopath is unmatched.

seldom does that arrogance stand up against the resolve of the righteous.