Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedudeabides

Gun Discussion Thread

thedudeabides    2,372
Just now, Cinnamon said:

Oh, I thought you meant don't respond to this thread. I have a one track mind. lol 

They just need to wait. I get my new hand gun tomorrow damn it!

Just Jo    267
1 hour ago, thedudeabides said:

They just need to wait. I get my new hand gun tomorrow damn it!

What u getting?

COBO Member    3,350
10 minutes ago, Just Jo said:

What u getting?

I wanted to ask the same thing. He knows I'll ride 'im like Seabiscuit if he says Glock. J/K, @Groove

Just Jo    267
4 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

I wanted to ask the same thing. He knows I'll ride 'im like Seabiscuit if he says Glock. J/K, @Groove

I am by no means a gun expert but do love to window shop and talk about them

Walk Softly    2,694
6 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

I love me a 1911... But I got a quick glock 19 story about why I love it, too. 

I reload and apparently one of my rounds had a crack in the groove at the bottom of the casing.  

It went kaboom in my gun.  Knocked the magazine down into the dirt and left a nice bruise on my hand.  Aside from a dislodged spring which caused the slide to catch open, she still fired just fine.  The spring was an easy fix. 

Just Jo    267
2 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

I reload and apparently one of my rounds had a crack in the groove at the bottom of the casing.  

It went kaboom in my gun.  Knocked the magazine down into the dirt and left a nice bruise on my hand.  Aside from a dislodged spring which caused the slide to catch open, she still fired just fine.  The spring was an easy fix. 

I would like to get a 1911 model...Kimber would be nice but too much...seems like whenever get some money saved up to buy something...life happens and money is gone..

VonLud    858
21 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Kahr 9

Cool.

Kinda looks like what certain members of The Black Hand wielded in 1914.

YaKnow2.0    682
41 minutes ago, Just Jo said:

I would like to get a 1911 model...Kimber would be nice but too much...seems like whenever get some money saved up to buy something...life happens and money is gone..

i was just gifted a Kimber in 10mm

COBO Member    3,350
1 hour ago, Walk Softly said:

Had a similar discussion earlier today. There is no way anyone can argue against the reliability of a Glock of any model. I just never got used to that "sproiyoing" feel the very first time I dry fired one at a gun show back in the early 80s. "God bless John Moses Browning".

I've mentioned in the past that I've never been a fan of the .40S&W myself, but it certainly has it's place. That being said, as shooters and LEO agencies move back to the 9mm, there are a ton of deals out there for .40cal handguns, particularly Glocks. Right now, there are surplus/LEO turn-in G22s and G23s going for less than $350. With only a new barrel and spring, now you've got a Glock in .357Sig. Add that with another barrel and the proper magazine, and you have one in 9mm. 

A case blowout can be devastating to both the shooter and the gun. We both know how lucky you were.

I actually know a nimrod that managed to blow up a Redhawk. Fired a squib, bullet made it half way down the barrel. I told him to wait until I got there and we could tap it out from the muzzle end. But, nooooo. He takes a case with a fresh primer, packs it full with 2400 and tops it with a gas check. Boom! Boat anchor. Luckily, he jammed the revolver in the crook of a tree and used dental floss to pull the trigger from a distance.

COBO Member    3,350
1 hour ago, Just Jo said:

I am by no means a gun expert but do love to window shop and talk about them

Maybe you could start a thread for discussion. There's several of us here with plenty of experience of all sorts. Not a, "This is what I have" thread but info that might help a first time buyer decide what they want/need.