Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

US gun laws: Colorado to arm teachers in classrooms

Cinnamon    23,079

Teachers are being trained to carry guns in classrooms in Colorado in order to protect children as part of a scheme motivated by a school massacre in 2012.

The three-day course, which consists of firearms and medical training, was launched on Tuesday in Weld County.

Seventeen members of staff who "would like to be considered armed first responders" have so far taken part.

The pilot programme will allow volunteers to enter schools with guns under US "concealed carry" laws.

Teachers were taken to a shooting range in Weld County, near Denver, where they were tested on their abilities with weapons.

<snip>

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40353408

All schools should be doing this, including Universities... but the U's would be terrified at the sight of a weapon even if it was there to protect them. 

apache54    4,913
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Teachers are being trained to carry guns in classrooms in Colorado in order to protect children as part of a scheme motivated by a school massacre in 2012.

The three-day course, which consists of firearms and medical training, was launched on Tuesday in Weld County.

Seventeen members of staff who "would like to be considered armed first responders" have so far taken part.

The pilot programme will allow volunteers to enter schools with guns under US "concealed carry" laws.

Teachers were taken to a shooting range in Weld County, near Denver, where they were tested on their abilities with weapons.

<snip>

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40353408

All schools should be doing this, including Universities... but the U's would be terrified at the sight of a weapon even if it was there to protect them. 

Agreed!

this will rattle the libs in Col. !! LOL

CSB    2,038

If this happens it's only more proof that times are changing and not for the safer . Never in the history of America that I know of has there ever been a armed teacher .

This could prove to be a questionable topic for the parents; there for more home schools could be in the near future ...

Just put a armed guard walking the halls along with some good cameras and around the school's grounds  ...

LuckyBolt    1,314

"Johnny! Go the corner, you're on a time out!" 

"Fvck you Mrs. Smith"

"Click."

Teachers are overworked, over stressed, underpaid wrecking balls.  This will not end well and will only add more fuel to the flames of gun control when one teacher under the auspices of conceal carry shoots the first kid.  

Bring back spanking and yard sticks across the knuckles first.  Discipline will only curb the wretched path these kids are on, not an armed militia of common core followers.

Cinnamon    23,079
20 minutes ago, CSB said:

If this happens it's only more proof that times are changing and not for the safer . Never in the history of America that I know of has there ever been a armed teacher .

This could prove to be a questionable topic for the parents; there for more home schools could be in the near future ...

Just put a armed guard walking the halls along with some good cameras and around the school's grounds  ...

I hope it results in more home schooling. Kids need to be with their parents more, anyway, not stuck in a prison. I always thought of it as prison. Hated it. 

MKMinimum    181

I can see it now. Liberal left wingnut teacher shoots student for wearing "Make America Great Again" hat to class.

Unfortunately I really could see this happening. 

:sigh:

Cinnamon    23,079

If a teacher flips out like that, then we can ban teachers, close all the indoctrination stations and parents can become responsible for their own children's education, not everyone else. 

Ukshep    20,176

About time.... BUT you know.... This could be used to stage another false flag and forever remove guns!

Cinnamon    23,079
3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

About time.... BUT you know.... This could be used to stage another false flag and forever remove guns!

I would not give one to a college professor.  :gsbrnint:

Ukshep    20,176
10 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I would not give one to a college professor.  :gsbrnint:

Not one of these extremist liberal professors no! But then here we go again with the division :(