Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESET

US: Man killed while mixing up explosives at home

Recommended Posts

 ESET    1,226

LINCOLN, Maine (AP) — Maine investigators say a homeowner died in an explosion in his basement where he was experimenting with explosives.

The State Fire Marshal’s office says 67-year-old Robert Stuart was killed instantly Wednesday night while mixing up explosives at his home in Lincoln.

A State Police bomb team found five IEDs in the basement and exploded them in Stuart’s backyard.

Stuart’s wife told investigators her husband had been making devices to blow up tree stumps.

Stuart’s body was found in the basement where the explosion occurred. Officials say there was little damage to the house.

Investigators say they have called the FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to track down where and when Stuart purchased bomb-making material.

 

https://apnews.com/3023d06a1b444dc5bd731017ed01ac41?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 phxsparks    854
7 minutes ago, ESET said:

LINCOLN, Maine (AP) — Maine investigators say a homeowner died in an explosion in his basement where he was experimenting with explosives.

The State Fire Marshal’s office says 67-year-old Robert Stuart was killed instantly Wednesday night while mixing up explosives at his home in Lincoln.

A State Police bomb team found five IEDs in the basement and exploded them in Stuart’s backyard.

Stuart’s wife told investigators her husband had been making devices to blow up tree stumps.

Stuart’s body was found in the basement where the explosion occurred. Officials say there was little damage to the house.

Investigators say they have called the FBI and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to track down where and when Stuart purchased bomb-making material.

 

https://apnews.com/3023d06a1b444dc5bd731017ed01ac41?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

This qualifies for a Darwin award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 thedudeabides    2,372
13 minutes ago, Groove said:

Tree stumps huh, ya right. 

nah we did it all the time up here on the farm.  Pretty normal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    1,956
1 hour ago, thedudeabides said:

nah we did it all the time up here on the farm.  Pretty normal. 

True but in today's day we never can be too sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 COBO Member    3,352
59 minutes ago, Groove said:

True but in today's day we never can be too sure. 

Pffft...Farmer John gets his Class II and buys a case of dy-nee-mite through the feed and tack store for that very reason. But the internet and YouTube is your friend today for recipes...homemade Tannerite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Groove    1,956
7 hours ago, COBO Member said:

Pffft...Farmer John gets his Class II and buys a case of dy-nee-mite through the feed and tack store for that very reason. But the internet and YouTube is your friend today for recipes...homemade Tannerite.

Oh I know quite a few farmers out here with the licenses. Also know a couple that I think are at shit crazy red necks, course they wouldn't hurt anyone but they sure do like to blow crap up. Need an old shed moved, don't move it... blow it. Lol. They did try a controlled demo of a 12'x24' she'd. That was hilarious. The charges were way to small. Then later on to big. Hah. But was done as safe as possible for those freaking out right now. 

But yeah I hear what your sayin. Just an accident but I can see how some can twist it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×