Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zing

Trump Doesn’t Have Recordings of Conversations With Comey, Source Says

Zing    895

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-said-not-recordings-conversations-163421218.html

President Donald Trump doesn’t have recordings of his conversations with then-FBI Director James Comey, according to a person familiar with the matter, capping weeks of speculation about whether such tapes exist.

Trump himself raised the question of whether he was taping his Oval Office conversations when, days after firing Comey on May 9, he blasted out a series of tweets suggesting the existence of tapes as a way to try to deter the ousted FBI chief from talking to reporters.

-------

According to who?

Ukshep    19,905

I still think he made a boo-boo and they had to backtrack....

therobots    142
32 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Maybe not.  Remember Comey's office was raided while he was in Cali.  He might have had recordings, which could now be in the possession of the administration. 

TheOldMan    2,396

Of course he doesn't, doesn't matter 

he fired a traitor James Comey 

thats all that matters 

will never get back to what's important 

the Country is gone 

commited suicide in 2008 

Ukshep    19,905
7 minutes ago, therobots said:

Maybe not.  Remember Comey's office was raided while he was in Cali.  He might have had recordings, which could now be in the possession of the administration. 

Oh I was referencing him saying something. He likes to talk big, trump. IF he won't back it up he should not say it. It's a game otherwise!

Moosupian    41

He said he didn't do the recording nor is he in possession of such recordings. He never said someone else didn't make the recording nor is someone else in possession of such recordings. Such bait.

EMC2    285
12 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I disagree. I believe Trump has the recordings. He had the Green Room renovated and it was a complete gut down to the studs. Trump is quoted as saying "they found gold in those walls" and that renovations are fun.

I think the "gold" was recording Mics/devices.

tweeting that was a good play either way to force Comey to walk a straight line when speaking and testifying. So anything is possible. But one thing I've learned is that Trump doesn't make a statement unless he knows it to be true. Many times over he's said something that people flip out over and newspapers latch onto but are proven true later on.

Ukshep    19,905
2 hours ago, EMC2 said:

I disagree. I believe Trump has the recordings. He had the Green Room renovated and it was a complete gut down to the studs. Trump is quoted as saying "they found gold in those walls" and that renovations are fun.

I think the "gold" was recording Mics/devices.

tweeting that was a good play either way to force Comey to walk a straight line when speaking and testifying. So anything is possible. But one thing I've learned is that Trump doesn't make a statement unless he knows it to be true. Many times over he's said something that people flip out over and newspapers latch onto but are proven true later on.

Oh now that sounds plausible!

EMC2    285
6 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Oh now that sounds plausible!

And this theory still stands with Trump's recent tweet where he said he doesn't have any recordings. If anything was in those walls it likely would've been a secret service thing. So those recordings would've been in the possession of the SService and likely Sessions now. It's not just what Trump says but it's also what he DOESN'T say.

Trump doesn't make statements that don't have truth to them. Remember "millions of illegals illegally voted"? He's been ridiculed for several months and still is. But it's been proven true in the past week or so. There are plenty of other similar examples.