Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

27 Million Americans Face 100 Degree-Plus Heat Over The Next Seven Days

Ukshep    20,171

Millions of people in the southwestern U.S. face more sweltering heat over the next seven days, according to weather forecasts.

Cities in Arizona and Nevada have been hit with a triple-digit heat wave in the past several days. Dozens of flights in and out of Phoenix were grounded Tuesday due to 119 degree weather. Palm Springs hit 121 degrees that day.

And it’s not over yet, according to PhD meteorologist Ryan Maue.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/22/27-million-americans-face-100-degree-plus-heat-over-the-next-seven-days/

Stay cool everyone :D hehe cool! Get it.... Anyway.... Let us also hope there are no protests. Heat and Protests do not go down well together!

CGK    2,627
13 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

. Anyway.... Let us also hope there are no protests. Heat and Protests do not go down well together!

They will not protest in those temps, same as they don't protest in the freezing cold. They are not motivated enough.  Soros is going to have to give them a lot more money to get their lazy butts out there when the mercury hits 100!

What I find interesting is the "kids" are really suffering in this heat wave. They just can't take it. Those of us who grew up without air conditioning are doing just fine.

Heck, I spent 5 hours the other day working in the garden under a "heat advisory."  Wore a floppy hat, drank lots of water and stood under a shade tree when I needed a break.  I got a great tan and plenty of Vitamin D. LOL

Ukshep    20,171
3 minutes ago, CGK said:

They will not protest in those temps, same as they don't protest in the freezing cold. They are not motivated enough.  Soros is going to have to give them a lot more money to get their lazy butts out there when the mercury hits 100!

What I find interesting is the "kids" are really suffering in this heat wave. They just can't take it. Those of us who grew up without air conditioning are doing just fine.

Heck, I spent 5 hours the other day working in the garden under a "heat advisory."  Wore a floppy hat, drank lots of water and stood under a shade tree when I needed a break.  I got a great tan and plenty of Vitamin D. LOL

In combination with direct contact with the suns rays and you are toast... Burning! UP and IN!

therobots    146
7 minutes ago, CGK said:

I hope they do.  Be sure to wear those BLACK long pants, BLACK long sleeve shirts, BLACK hoodies, BLACK face masks (cowards), and BLACK shoes.  

CGK    2,627
Just now, Ukshep said:

In combination with direct contact with the suns rays and you are toast... Burning! UP and IN!

Shep, I don't get burnt anymore which is very strange because Im fair skinned. I discovered that the supplements Im taking are protective as well as the foods I consume.

6 Supplements that Prevent Sunburn:

• Green Tea Extract – prevent suppression of the immune system during sun exposure.
  • Grape Seed Extract –  A small study of healthy female volunteers suggests that grape seed extract in combination with other ingredients, may help to reduce the severity of sunburn.
  • Astaxanthin –  a natural health remedy to promote tanning and prevent sunburn. It may take 2 – 4 weeks to build up adequate sun protection.
  • Beta-Carotene – has been shown to protect against sunburn. Research suggests that it is necessary to “build up” protection by supplementing a minimum of 10 weeks.
  • Vitamin C and Vitamin E – offers modest benefits against sunburn as well. One double-blind study of 10 people found that 2 g of vitamin C and 1,000 IU of vitamin E taken for 8 days resulted in a modest decrease in skin reddening induced by ultraviolet light.
  • More: http://www.healthstartsinthekitchen.com/2014/12/31/prevent-sunburn-with-6-supplements/
  •  

12 Foods That Boost Your Skin’s Natural Sun Protection

http://www.superlife.com/natural-sun-protection/

Plus I use Olive Oil daily as a skin moisturizer.

Olive oil 'wards off skin cancer'

Scientists have uncovered a new weapon in the fight against skin cancer - olive oil.

Japanese researchers have found that applying high quality olive oil to the skin after sunbathing reduces the risk of developing tumours.

More: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/743514.stm

Groove    1,952
40 minutes ago, CGK said:

"Kids" these days don't know the meaning of hard work. And the no AC thing, a lot of my old insurance customers in the country areas are still like that. Have been in numerous houses when it's 95 outside and prolly 105 inside the house with fans just blowing the hot air around. It's not fun but isn't something that had to be done, just bring a sweat rag and your all set. 

phxsparks    854
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

Millions of people in the southwestern U.S. face more sweltering heat over the next seven days, according to weather forecasts.

Cities in Arizona and Nevada have been hit with a triple-digit heat wave in the past several days. Dozens of flights in and out of Phoenix were grounded Tuesday due to 119 degree weather. Palm Springs hit 121 degrees that day.

And it’s not over yet, according to PhD meteorologist Ryan Maue.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/22/27-million-americans-face-100-degree-plus-heat-over-the-next-seven-days/

Stay cool everyone :D hehe cool! Get it.... Anyway.... Let us also hope there are no protests. Heat and Protests do not go down well together!

Yes, it has been rather toasty here in AZ.  However, we are past the extreme heat and slowly settling into average summer temps.  Another 5 days or so and things will be back to normal.

Normal is 100 degrees or so for this time of year during the day.

Next up will be the summer monsoon storms with a Haboob or two thrown in for good measure.

Here is a link if you are not familiar with the Haboob.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haboob

:D

five    364

Perfect time to finally take out Hoover dam, cutting the power to all of those AC units... 

RhetoricalRebel    1,627
1 hour ago, five said:

Perfect time to finally take out Hoover dam, cutting the power to all of those AC units... 

Vegas would be a ghost town in less than a week.

103 here today and tomorrow but it cools off quite a bit Sat and for the next few after that. It's been very hot here in West Texas but it always is June, July, Aug.

apache54    4,913
4 hours ago, Ukshep said:

have you ever thought about how many people would now die with out having A/C ? now stop and think about the HIGH percentage of people with a fatty liver which causes problems to other organs LIKE the Thyroid which is one important to controlling your ability to handle heat! take out the power grid in the summer and you'll get a big die off of people!!

Ukshep    20,171
9 minutes ago, apache54 said:

have you ever thought about how many people would now die with out having A/C ? now stop and think about the HIGH percentage of people with a fatty liver which causes problems to other organs LIKE the Thyroid which is one important to controlling your ability to handle heat! take out the power grid in the summer and you'll get a big die off of people!!

You make a real point :(