Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

The American Empire’s War Machine Is Running out of Steam

Ukshep    20,169

“Years of complex operations and the ongoing demands of units in the field have left the armed forces struggling to maintain both operational capacity and high levels of readiness, according to a recent report from the Government Accountability Office.”

That’s the opening paragraph of an article published by Business Insider last week. The piece, titled “The US military is struggling to keep up with all its responsibilities,” could just as easily been titled “The American Empire is overextended,” as it thoroughly details the GAO’s negative assessment of the current state of the U.S. war machine.

Writing that “unrelenting demands from geographic commanders for particular types of forces are disrupting manning, training, and equipping cycles,” the report breaks down how each branch of the military is essentially overburdened and underprepared to fulfill its national security obligations.

The Air Force, for instance, has reported that less than 50 percent of its forces are at acceptable readiness levels. Additionally, the branch says, it’s short of 1,500 pilots and 3,400 maintenance crew members.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/the-american-empires-war-machine-is-running-out-of-steam_062017

I'm starting to notice a specific slant to the news today, "America is ill prepared for war" why is that the narrative?

YaKnow2.0    682

I am Patriot!!Im tired of my gov policing the world and forgetting about our domestic obligation to our veterans,homeless and law obiting citizens..I say if some fukk country wants a war with us let them bring it to our land.Snackbars dont got planes and an invading army well good luck with that.Theres a Patriot with a gun behind every blade of grass ready to fight for family,friends and our land!!!

It was decimated by Obozo. He fired nearly every General and Admiral and many many other higher ups during his 8 years, most of them in the first few years.

Cinnamon    23,074
3 hours ago, Drain That Swamp said:

It was decimated by Obozo. He fired nearly every General and Admiral and many many other higher ups during his 8 years, most of them in the first few years.

He got rid of anyone who posed a threat to Marxism. 

JayDee    1,292

Empires do what they do, rise and fall. Empire and American are opposite concepts, nothing good happened when they were combined. 

CSB    2,038
4 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I'm starting to notice a specific slant to the news today, "America is ill prepared for war" why is that the narrative?

Because the elites want us to fail as a nation so; no army, navy, marines, air force, no patriots not even a girl scout to defend the American home land would be their dream come true  ....

apache54    4,912
4 hours ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

I am Patriot!!Im tired of my gov policing the world and forgetting about our domestic obligation to our veterans,homeless and law obiting citizens..I say if some fukk country wants a war with us let them bring it to our land.Snackbars dont got planes and an invading army well good luck with that.Theres a Patriot with a gun behind every blade of grass ready to fight for family,friends and our land!!!

:goodpost:===========:iagree:===

Problem IS MOST of the so called wars are for OIL control and NOTHING more, it is a big business that is doing nothing but killing our troops!! that is the REAL reason behind ALMOST every war we have had since Bush!!

WAR is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. ~ Smedley Darlington Butler

via: History Is a Weapon