Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

Chinooks over the UK w/pics

Recommended Posts

Now that I'm in the east coast, I get to see a lot of neat stuff like this. The other day a formation of 4 Ospreys flew past. Some loud MF'rs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Now that I'm in the east coast, I get to see a lot of neat stuff like this. The other day a formation of 4 Ospreys flew past. Some loud MF'rs!

agreed! out of likes at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, apache54 said:

agreed! out of likes at the moment

Heh heh...you of all people know I'm not in it for the likes.

I'm currently in the shadow of NAS Oceana and can't wait for the airshow in Sept.! Yeah yeah...Blue Angels. You've seen 'em once, you've seen the show. Pffft...I'm going for the old classic planes. Think Apocolypse Now..."That smell..." In my case, it's that sound...that radial engine sound. My son's GF's grandfather worked TBMs back in WWII and sent him back with a couple of spark plugs from back then to pass on to me.

I got roped into going to a tractor pull years ago. One guy had an old Merlin engine pulled from a Mustang. Not a radial but... He lost. But he sounded daaamned good while doing it!

Edited by COBO Member

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Heh heh...you of all people know I'm not in it for the likes.

I'm currently in the shadow of NAS Oceana and can't wait for the airshow in Sept.! Yeah yeah...Blue Angels. You've seen 'em once, you've seen the show. Pffft...I'm going for the old classic planes. Think Apocolypse Now..."That smell..." In my case, it's that sound...that radial engine sound. My son's GF's grandfather worked TBMs back in WWII and sent him back with a couple of spark plugs from back then to pass on to me.

YUP!

My dad loved airplanes and flew when he could and we always went to any air show came into our area, so i fully appreciate what your saying!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COBO Member said:

Now that I'm in the east coast, I get to see a lot of neat stuff like this. The other day a formation of 4 Ospreys flew past. Some loud MF'rs!

In NC Ospreys are regular occurance but i was just about to post that i saw 2 Ospreys and 3 fighter jets fly over me about 30 mins ago.Im in NJ rite now...it was weird.Jets where about 20 seconds behind the Ospreys and flying alot higher

Edited by YaKnow2.0
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

In NC Ospreys are regular occurance but i was just about to post that i saw 2 Ospreys and 3 fighter jets fly over me about 30 mins ago.Im in NJ rite now...it was weird.Jets where about 20 seconds behind the Ospreys and flying alot higher

One time I was in the yard and thought I heard helo's flying over but a quick scan and zip. But finally waaaay the hell up there (guessing 25k-30k) I finally spotted five in form.

In NC? You close to Cherry Pt.? Never had time to stop and look. But there's a small museum on Dover AFB. A lot of old USAF planes on display.

And if anyone ever finds themselves in Pensacola with time to kill, I strongly recommend the Navy Air museum on base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

One time I was in the yard and thought I heard helo's flying over but a quick scan and zip. But finally waaaay the hell up there (guessing 25k-30k) I finally spotted five in form.

In NC? You close to Cherry Pt.? Never had time to stop and look. But there's a small museum on Dover AFB. A lot of old USAF planes on display.

And if anyone ever finds themselves in Pensacola with time to kill, I strongly recommend the Navy Air museum on base.

Rite in jacksonville!!Camp lejuene.Brother in-law was being deployed and his wife was pregnant so packed up wifey and 2 kids and moved there in 2006.I acttually built(remodeled)the generals quarters on base!!

Edited by YaKnow2.0
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now i jist saw 5 military helicopters fly overhead. 2×2 and 1 following.I wonder of there is a drill going on in  the tri-state area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.