Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

Chinooks over the UK w/pics

Ukshep    20,176

being buzzed like crazy! North east region!

COBO Member    3,351

Now that I'm in the east coast, I get to see a lot of neat stuff like this. The other day a formation of 4 Ospreys flew past. Some loud MF'rs!

apache54    4,913
54 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Now that I'm in the east coast, I get to see a lot of neat stuff like this. The other day a formation of 4 Ospreys flew past. Some loud MF'rs!

agreed! out of likes at the moment

COBO Member    3,351
18 minutes ago, apache54 said:

agreed! out of likes at the moment

Heh heh...you of all people know I'm not in it for the likes.

I'm currently in the shadow of NAS Oceana and can't wait for the airshow in Sept.! Yeah yeah...Blue Angels. You've seen 'em once, you've seen the show. Pffft...I'm going for the old classic planes. Think Apocolypse Now..."That smell..." In my case, it's that sound...that radial engine sound. My son's GF's grandfather worked TBMs back in WWII and sent him back with a couple of spark plugs from back then to pass on to me.

I got roped into going to a tractor pull years ago. One guy had an old Merlin engine pulled from a Mustang. Not a radial but... He lost. But he sounded daaamned good while doing it!

apache54    4,913
3 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Heh heh...you of all people know I'm not in it for the likes.

I'm currently in the shadow of NAS Oceana and can't wait for the airshow in Sept.! Yeah yeah...Blue Angels. You've seen 'em once, you've seen the show. Pffft...I'm going for the old classic planes. Think Apocolypse Now..."That smell..." In my case, it's that sound...that radial engine sound. My son's GF's grandfather worked TBMs back in WWII and sent him back with a couple of spark plugs from back then to pass on to me.

YUP!

My dad loved airplanes and flew when he could and we always went to any air show came into our area, so i fully appreciate what your saying!!

YaKnow2.0    682
1 hour ago, COBO Member said:

In NC Ospreys are regular occurance but i was just about to post that i saw 2 Ospreys and 3 fighter jets fly over me about 30 mins ago.Im in NJ rite now...it was weird.Jets where about 20 seconds behind the Ospreys and flying alot higher

COBO Member    3,351
5 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

In NC Ospreys are regular occurance but i was just about to post that i saw 2 Ospreys and 3 fighter jets fly over me about 30 mins ago.Im in NJ rite now...it was weird.Jets where about 20 seconds behind the Ospreys and flying alot higher

One time I was in the yard and thought I heard helo's flying over but a quick scan and zip. But finally waaaay the hell up there (guessing 25k-30k) I finally spotted five in form.

In NC? You close to Cherry Pt.? Never had time to stop and look. But there's a small museum on Dover AFB. A lot of old USAF planes on display.

And if anyone ever finds themselves in Pensacola with time to kill, I strongly recommend the Navy Air museum on base.

YaKnow2.0    682
17 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

One time I was in the yard and thought I heard helo's flying over but a quick scan and zip. But finally waaaay the hell up there (guessing 25k-30k) I finally spotted five in form.

In NC? You close to Cherry Pt.? Never had time to stop and look. But there's a small museum on Dover AFB. A lot of old USAF planes on display.

And if anyone ever finds themselves in Pensacola with time to kill, I strongly recommend the Navy Air museum on base.

Rite in jacksonville!!Camp lejuene.Brother in-law was being deployed and his wife was pregnant so packed up wifey and 2 kids and moved there in 2006.I acttually built(remodeled)the generals quarters on base!!

YaKnow2.0    682

now i jist saw 5 military helicopters fly overhead. 2×2 and 1 following.I wonder of there is a drill going on in  the tri-state area