Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Is this YOU? 1 in 4 Americans completely BROKE and in no position to help themselves when SHTF

Cinnamon    23,078

<snip>

Without a doubt, these are “interesting times.” But what’s really worrisome is that tens of millions of Americans are seriously not ready for any potential STHF scenario. Why? Because they are literally flat broke and living from payday to payday.

As reported by the website Money-ish, nearly 25 percent of Americans have no emergency savings. A survey recently released by Bankrate.com found that some 24 percent of Americans don’t have a single dollar in savings, meaning they have little-to-no ability to handle any financial emergency. And while Bankrate.com was actually spinning the 24-percent statistic in a positive light (because, since 2011, the number of Americans with no savings has been falling), it’s still unbelievable to imagine so many people are utterly unprepared for economic hardship.

While 31 percent have a sufficient financial cushion — enough savings to cover six months’ worth of household bills — more than two-thirds are short on savings.

It gets worse, as Money-ish notes:

— More Americans are concerned about paying for their next vacation than saving for their own retirement;

— Millions of Americans actually hide money from their partners or spouses;

— Most people do not prioritize their bills correctly;

— Collectively, Americans hold a staggering $1 trillion in credit card debt, and much of it is high interest, while only minimum payments are made.

“What’s more, this isn’t the only consumer debt to top $1 trillion. We now also owe more than $1 trillion for our cars, and for our student loans, the data showed,” Money-ish noted.

<snip>

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-06-21-is-this-you-1-in-4-americans-completely-broke-and-in-no-position-to-help-themselves-when-shtf.html

Even 6 months worth of cushion is NOT enough for catastrophic illnesses. 

RetiredRogue    139

No, a high school graduate that worked hard ask the Lord for wisdom and He gave it to me. Worked for the other guy 20 years then open up my own business. Sold that business 20 years later and retired. Been retired for ten years and own a home in Missouri, own a home in Florida and half of two farms in Oklahoma. I'm not going to take personal credit for any of it........Just sayn

JayDee    1,292

The gov/fed reserve/MIC has been sucking wealth into their secret black hole for at least 70 years and the well is nearly sucked dry. It doesn't help that most people refuse to believe any such thing is happening. 

Tarmalen    1,310
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

Without a doubt, these are “interesting times.” But what’s really worrisome is that tens of millions of Americans are seriously not ready for any potential STHF scenario. Why? Because they are literally flat broke and living from payday to payday.

As reported by the website Money-ish, nearly 25 percent of Americans have no emergency savings. A survey recently released by Bankrate.com found that some 24 percent of Americans don’t have a single dollar in savings, meaning they have little-to-no ability to handle any financial emergency. And while Bankrate.com was actually spinning the 24-percent statistic in a positive light (because, since 2011, the number of Americans with no savings has been falling), it’s still unbelievable to imagine so many people are utterly unprepared for economic hardship.

While 31 percent have a sufficient financial cushion — enough savings to cover six months’ worth of household bills — more than two-thirds are short on savings.

— More Americans are concerned about paying for their next vacation than saving for their own retirement;

— Collectively, Americans hold a staggering $1 trillion in credit card debt, and much of it is high interest, while only minimum payments are made.

“What’s more, this isn’t the only consumer debt to top $1 trillion. We now also owe more than $1 trillion for our cars, and for our student loans, the data showed,” Money-ish noted.

<snip>

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-06-21-is-this-you-1-in-4-americans-completely-broke-and-in-no-position-to-help-themselves-when-shtf.html

Ummm...is there a newsletter I can subscribe to?

Asking for a friend....

phxsparks    854
3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

<snip>

Many people get really funky about money, hiding it from spouses and such.  Some people are paranoid about it.

Money is simply a medium of exchange which makes transactions easier in our modern society.  Its easier to carry some Federal reserve notes than to bring in a hog or chicken to barter with.

The problem we are facing is the value of Federal Reserve notes has been debased by constant inflation until the purchasing power becomes virtually nonexistent.  Think Wiemar Republic or Zimbabwe.

In the case of Wiemar at the end, it took a wheel barrow of notes to buy a loaf of bread.  People were using it for toilet paper and burning it in stoves for heat because it was cheaper than buying wood.

And yes, Americans seem on the whole to not be good at saving money for emergencies.  6 months of emergency money is cutting close.

And last, for fiat/FRN currency to be useful, people must have confidence or faith in the currency.  When people lose confidence in the currency, that is when SHTF. 

The Federal reserve is a private Institution.

FredoIsSmart    512

Its very easy to set up a $25, $50, etc.. direct deposit to a savings acct yet nobody does it! It adds up and you wont notice it anyway. 

LuckyBolt    1,314

I have a bunch of lead and brass saved up for someone else's retirement plan if they choose that route.

I call it the 401-AK

FredoIsSmart    512
3 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

I have a bunch of lead and brass saved up for someone else's retirement plan if they choose that route.

I call it the 401-AK

:gsbrnint:

CSB    2,038

Everyone has their opinions to what life will be like when the SHTF . Personally I don't see the American dollar , and things like precious metals  as a value what I see as a value would be a cozy cave or a cabin in the deep woods with a good food source .

I do have a few dollars , storable foods , seeds , ammo and a good shortwave radio stashed . Things like canned water , coffee , storable food , seeds , whiskey and anything you can get your hands on would make for some good trading stock . Things will be crazy and WalMart will be closed ! 

I have read many books about the wars , the math of genocide , the black plague; my grand father and my parents would tell me about the the great depression and how they would keep from hunger and stay dry and warm from the elements . Road kill and wild game/fish looks good over a camp fire !

I would say survival skills are your best value !! 

Albert Pike wrote about the three world wars in 1871 and how they would be played out he was right on; now we are at the start of the 3rd world war and it's not going to be a picnic unless you pack a good lunch this coming show will not be for the weak heart .

Quote Albert Pike : from my computer files

The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the 'agentur' of the 'Illuminati' between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion; It shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.4

Since the terrorist attacks of Sept 11, 2001, world events, and in particular in the Middle East, show a growing unrest and instability between Modern Zionism and the Arabic World. This is completely in line with the call for a Third World War to be fought between the two , and their allies on both sides . This Third World War is still to come , and recent events show us that it is not far off .

Remember

“Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”

YourMom2    1,354

People hide money from their spendthrift spouses and yeah, some also hide it for the getaway. Mates with similar goals can find ways to economize and save rather than blow money on big screen TVs and non-productive hobbies.

YaKnow2.0    682

Maybe by societies standard i am broke!!No CC,work paycheck to paycheck...but when shtf,someone gumna get lead poisioning and my kids got plenty of spam,rice,vitamins antibiotics,oatmeal o yeah and raman noodles!!!O yeah and my family!!Thats all i need...I FEEL RICH!!