Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

What to do with a broken Illinois: Dissolve the Land of Lincoln

Cinnamon    23,011

<snip>

And here it is:

Dissolve Illinois. Decommission the state, tear up the charter, whatever the legal mumbo-jumbo, just end the whole dang thing.

We just disappear. With no pain. That's right. You heard me.

The best thing to do is to break Illinois into pieces right now. Just wipe us off the map. Cut us out of America's heartland and let neighboring states carve us up and take the best chunks for themselves.

The group that will scream the loudest is the state's political class, who did this to us, and the big bond creditors, who are whispering talk of bankruptcy and asset forfeiture to save their own skins.

<snip>

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-dissolving-illinois-kass-met-20170620-column.html

Looking bad for them, more to follow! 

Yes...it's bad here. Talked of the state filing bankruptcy,..if that's even possible. Nothing south of I80 exists to anyone in Chicagoland. 

Cinnamon    23,011
11 minutes ago, CarnivalofCrazy said:

Yes...it's bad here. Talked of the state filing bankruptcy,..if that's even possible. Nothing south of I80 exists to anyone in Chicagoland. 

Same here in Cali, cities think they're the only ones that matter. 

JayDee    1,292
36 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Same here in Cali, cities think they're the only ones that matter. 

Yep, NYC seems to be the top when it comes to self-important people who look down on rural America. Yet they never think about how their lives depend on people in rural areas, who most likely hold many contrary views to their own. 

abigfatzero    2,447

Introduction to the CAFR - Why You Can't Get Ahead

I wonder how this play's into what's going on??????

I'm sure they have a plan ready to be rolled out when the time is right.....

Problem - Reaction - Solution.

Wonder what the solution is going to be.........

Tarmalen    1,310
25 minutes ago, abigfatzero said:

Introduction to the CAFR - Why You Can't Get Ahead

I wonder how this play's into what's going on??????

I'm sure they have a plan ready to be rolled out when the time is right.....

Problem - Reaction - Solution.

Wonder what the solution is going to be.........

It is a catchy phrase but the bottom line.....that is nature. 

We have a whole lot of "issues" facing us and if you want to prioritize..Gaia's magnetic shift is number one, sun fluctuation second.

CSB    2,038
3 hours ago, Jostler said:

Question is, who gets stuck with Chicago?

Nuke that shit hole it's been a pain in the ass for years .

Bobbers    199
7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

<snip>

And here it is:

Dissolve Illinois. Decommission the state, tear up the charter, whatever the legal mumbo-jumbo, just end the whole dang thing.

We just disappear. With no pain. That's right. You heard me.

The best thing to do is to break Illinois into pieces right now. Just wipe us off the map. Cut us out of America's heartland and let neighboring states carve us up and take the best chunks for themselves.

The group that will scream the loudest is the state's political class, who did this to us, and the big bond creditors, who are whispering talk of bankruptcy and asset forfeiture to save their own skins.

<snip>

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-dissolving-illinois-kass-met-20170620-column.html

Looking bad for them, more to follow! 

As an Illinois neighbor to the north...we politely take a pass on absorbing or annexing any part of Illinois.  We might be willing to consider our own border wall?  Too far north to be solar based, perhaps a snow wall in the winter and a mosquito border in the summer?

Seriously, Wisconsin and Illinois were in similar shape in 2010.  We went conservative, they continued on a liberal path.  My property taxes have gone DOWN the past six years.