Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Bizarre Asexual, Glow-In-The-Dark Sea Creatures Invade Pacific

Cinnamon    23,071

Bizarre, rarely seen pyrosomes - bioluminescent, cone-shaped, oozing goo when handled, some 2 ft long - appear by the millions along West Coast. And no one can explain it. Photo by @minustide (posted w/permission). Scientists are stumped about why these strange salp-like animals (each actually a colony of #zooids ) are showing up between Oregon and Alaska. About 60,000 landed in one net during a five-minute tow. So many appeared on fishing hooks during chinook season in Alaska that salmon fishermen simply gave up. Normally these creatures are so rare that scientists who've spent 30 years studying these waters have never seen them. Now they dominate the water column. "It's really weird," one says, "I've never seen anything like it."

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/bizarre-asexual-glow-in-the-dark-sea-creatures-invade-pacific-videos-photos_062017

These are not supposed to be there. I wonder why they are. 

majoga    429

Dennis Rodman's plane jettisoned his stash of dildos on the way home.

Tarmalen    1,310
4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Bizarre, rarely seen pyrosomes - bioluminescent, cone-shaped, oozing goo when handled, some 2 ft long - appear by the millions along West Coast. And no one can explain it. Photo by @minustide (posted w/permission). Scientists are stumped about why these strange salp-like animals (each actually a colony of #zooids ) are showing up between Oregon and Alaska. About 60,000 landed in one net during a five-minute tow. So many appeared on fishing hooks during chinook season in Alaska that salmon fishermen simply gave up. Normally these creatures are so rare that scientists who've spent 30 years studying these waters have never seen them. Now they dominate the water column. "It's really weird," one says, "I've never seen anything like it."

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/bizarre-asexual-glow-in-the-dark-sea-creatures-invade-pacific-videos-photos_062017

These are not supposed to be there. I wonder why they are. 

Invasion. 

Kill the dominant species and keep the environment.

too blunt?

too soon?

Cryptic?

All of the above?