Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESET

Survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire are to be rehomed in a luxury housing development in the heart of Kensington

ESET    1,226

Survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire are to be rehomed in a luxury housing development in the heart of Kensington, the government has said.

Sixty-eight one and two-bedroom flats have been acquired at the Kensington Row development, it added.

The apartments are "newly-built social housing" in a complex where the price of private homes starts at £1.5m.

At least 79 people died and many more were left homeless after fire engulfed the west London tower block a week ago.

ESET    1,226

Now rich people gonna find benefits of "cultural enrichment" :gsbrnint:

Ukshep    20,226

This will piss a lot of brits off. Trust me! People have had enough of them being treated like kings. If it was britain nationals only in that building they'd be on the street! You know what's at work here!

Cinnamon    23,154

Somebody needs to take a look at a survivor list and those new lease agreements for hundreds of people. 

2QIK4U    315
2 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

In a year or two it will no longer be considered "luxury".

Exactly right and it was all preplanned.  

4 hours ago, Ukshep said:

This will piss a lot of brits off. Trust me! People have had enough of them being treated like kings. If it was britain nationals only in that building they'd be on the street! You know what's at work here!

I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately. Was it mostly refuges living in the burned building?

Lucy Barnable    5,054
2 hours ago, 2QIK4U said:

Exactly right and it was all preplanned.  

Do you think it was arson then?
To distribute 'cultural enrichment' to other neighborhoods?

5 minutes ago, Square The Circle said:

I haven't been paying much attention to the news lately. Was it mostly refuges living in the burned building?

I think a lot of them were on government subsidized housing.
Most appear to be foreign or elderly; here's some of the missing:

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/pri_43560287.jpg?w=964&h=506&crop=1