Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ukshep

DON'T BE THIS GUY

Ukshep    20,171

Question: “Why should I spend my life trying to do any good, even if we can recognize a simply material-mutualistic benefit to it? When people are so clearly insane they can't recognize great threats to society and their own lives and livelihoods, can't see evil staring them in the face, and you get no rapport but either perplexity or hostility thrown back in your teeth when you dare to mention it, and it would be easy enough to abuse their folly... What more fundamental reason then to try to do good to one and all rather than exploit the wankers and leave them by the side of the road?"

CSB    2,038

People have trusted their governments and have adapted to a political ideology along with a twist of religion now they will have to shed a few tears before seeing clearly . 

On 6/21/2017 at 5:56 AM, Ukshep said:

Why should I spend my life trying to do any good

By continuing to do good this is what will separates one from those that do evil . Everyone has to make a choice so chose wisely this is what we are here on this earth to do .

coco    488
On 6/21/2017 at 2:56 AM, Ukshep said:

Question: “Why should I spend my life trying to do any good,

Because you destroy a piece of your immortal soul every time you don't.  It's that simple.

Tarmalen    1,310
10 hours ago, coco said:

Because you destroy a piece of your immortal soul every time you don't.  It's that simple.

Huh? Immortal means just that......

Now...can it be twisted in the opposite? You betcha....

Walk the line...there is 3 sides...positive, negative and neutral.

You need all three to ascertain which is which...otherwise you are clouded in an echo chamber on either extreme.

Zing    904

You are helping yourself by doing good.  You will have better health all around by doing good and you will be an example for others.  No one says you have to be taken advantage of, abused, or walked-on.  Set boundaries and stick  to them.

Be good to yourself first.  When someone gets out of line, (emotional abuse) remove yourself from their lives.  Don't try to rescue them from themselves.  It takes time and effort, surround yourself with positive people.