Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESET

UN chief: US will be replaced if it disengages from world

ESET    1,226

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned the Trump administration on Tuesday that if the United States disengages from many issues confronting the international community it will be replaced — and that won’t be good for America or for the world.

Guterres made clear to reporters at his first press conference here since taking the reins of the United Nations on Jan. 1 that proposed cuts in U.S. funding for the U.N. would be disastrous and create “an unsolvable problem to the management of the U.N.”

https://apnews.com/e7a57d5dfeb54745a38cf7f039378139/UN-chief:-US-will-be-replaced-if-it-disengages-from-world?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Ukshep    20,226
3 hours ago, ESET said:

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned the Trump administration on Tuesday that if the United States disengages from many issues confronting the international community it will be replaced — and that won’t be good for America or for the world.

Guterres made clear to reporters at his first press conference here since taking the reins of the United Nations on Jan. 1 that proposed cuts in U.S. funding for the U.N. would be disastrous and create “an unsolvable problem to the management of the U.N.”

https://apnews.com/e7a57d5dfeb54745a38cf7f039378139/UN-chief:-US-will-be-replaced-if-it-disengages-from-world?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

A hint of what to come?

Automan63    2,218

More likely a "If you don't pay our bills, I'll throw a tantrum in the press" move.

What else are he/they going to do?

That ass clown is like a Chihuahua barking at a passing Bus

Groove    1,959

So the UN now threatening America. Hmmmm. Do they really want to do that? 

Who else is going to pay that much money to the UN? Lol the UN would go broke in 48 hours. 

Also who cares just ask anyone who's lived in a country where the UN is stationed and ask them how they like the extra "protection. Listen to what they tell you. My brother in law has told me horror stories from Haiti and someplace in africa he was at for a while. The un soldiers do nothing for the locals except rape and pillage, maybe a little protection here and there and a building here and there it for the most part they do nothing for the country they are in. Matter of fact he told me of an incident where he and another man had to take on two UN soldiers who where caught trying to rape a 16 year old girl in Haiti just last year. Nd of course when he went to the cops with it they told him to "leave it be". WTF.  The Haitians really want to UN out so does most other countries where the UN is. 

apache54    4,942
8 hours ago, Automan63 said:

More likely a "If you don't pay our bills, I'll throw a tantrum in the press" move.

What else are he/they going to do?

That ass clown is like a Chihuahua barking at a passing Bus

YES he wants his salary and all the bribe money he can get! the UN needs to be stopped and dismantled!!

Automan63    2,218
1 hour ago, apache54 said:

YES he wants hie salary and all the bribe money he can get! the UN needs to be stopped and dismantled!!

I'll settle for financially starved and then told to screw. With a "oh, and by the way, take the building or leave the building, don't care, but screw"

majoga    429

I didn't know they've already moved their headquarters. Oh wait. Oops...

LuckyBolt    1,315

It's a good thing they don't have any UN forces or equipment present on our land.

Oh...wait....

:whistle:

phxsparks    854
7 hours ago, Groove said:

So the UN now threatening America. Hmmmm. Do they really want to do that? 

Who else is going to pay that much money to the UN? Lol the UN would go broke in 48 hours. 

Also who cares just ask anyone who's lived in a country where the UN is stationed and ask them how they like the extra "protection. Listen to what they tell you. My brother in law has told me horror stories from Haiti and someplace in africa he was at for a while. The un soldiers do nothing for the locals except rape and pillage, maybe a little protection here and there and a building here and there it for the most part they do nothing for the country they are in. Matter of fact he told me of an incident where he and another man had to take on two UN soldiers who where caught trying to rape a 16 year old girl in Haiti just last year. Nd of course when he went to the cops with it they told him to "leave it be". WTF.  The Haitians really want to UN out so does most other countries where the UN is. 

This is the core of the problem.  The UN wants the US to pay money to be in the club.  Lets see how successful the UN will be once the spigot of dollars is cut off.

As far as I can determine, the the UN does not benefit the people living on this planet to any significant degree.

The bottom line is the US must cut expenditures.  The first place to do that is foreign aid and the UN.

I personally would rather see those funds spent on infrastructure and other projects in this country.  This way the money will directly benefit the US and its citizens.

Ukshep    20,226
1 minute ago, phxsparks said:

This is the core of the problem.  The UN wants the US to pay money to be in the club.  Lets see how successful the UN will be once the spigot of dollars is cut off.

As far as I can determine, the the UN does not benefit the people living on this planet to any significant degree.

The bottom line is the US must cut expenditures.  The first place to do that is foreign aid and the UN.

I personally would rather see those funds spent on infrastructure and other projects in this country.  This way the money will directly benefit the US and its citizens.

It had a side effect of pitting them against the US too. Sides being drawn on a global scale like this is never good!

Groove    1,959
35 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

It had a side effect of pitting them against the US too. Sides being drawn on a global scale like this is never good!

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't type of situation. Sadly. 

Ukshep    20,226
9 hours ago, Groove said:

It's a damned if you do damned if you don't type of situation. Sadly. 

Sadly yes!