Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Illinois Comptroller: "The State Can No Longer Function"

Cinnamon    23,154

"The state can no longer function without a responsible and complete budget without severely impacting our core obligations and decimating services to the state's most in-need citizens," Mendoza wrote. "We must put our fiscal house in order. It is already too late. Action is needed now."

Unveiling the most dire langage yet, in her letter Mendoza said "we are now reaching a new phase of crisis" perhaps in an attempt to prompt the Democrats and Republicans to sit down and come up with a comrpomise:

As Illinois’ Chief Fiscal and Accountability Officer, my Office is responsible for managing the state’s financial accounts as well as providing the public and the state’s elected leadership with objective and timely data concerning the state’s difficult fiscal condition. As you are quite aware, I have been very vocal regarding these issues and the budgetary impasse since assuming office six months ago; however we are now reaching a new phase of crisis.

She then addresses "the full extent of [Illinois'[ dire fiscal straits and the potential disruptions that we face in addressing even our most critical core responsibilities":

Accordingly, I must communicate to you at this time the full extent of our dire fiscal straits and the potential disruptions that we face in addressing even our most critical core responsibilities going forward into the new fiscal year.  My Office has very serious concerns that, in the coming weeks, the State of Illinois will no longer be able to guarantee timely and predictable payments in a number of areas that we have to date managed (albeit with extreme difficulty) despite an unpaid bill backlog in excess of $15 billion and growing rapidly.

<snip>

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-20/illinois-comptroller-state-can-no-longer-function-we-have-reached-new-phase-crisis

I smell bailout.. but from where? 

abigfatzero    2,455

Another demon-crat success story.

Talking to someone the other day, his brother retired early from government with a six figure monthly pension, and, whose wife, also a ex-government employee, also retired early with a six figure monthly pension.

How many more of our EMPLOYEES are retired with six figure monthly pensions........:angry:

Bobbers    199

And states, unlike cities or counties, cannot declare bankruptcy.  Hard to imagine who would even consider giving them any assistance.

No budget for over two years, problems even paying lottery winners.  Bankrupting some companies that have supplied goods or services and not been paid.

$15 BILLION in overdue bills not to mention ongoing operational needs.

The good news is that all road construction comes to a halt without a budget and there is a LOT of pork barrel road work in Illinois.

I'd say the chickens have come home to roost but the chickens can't afford the tolls to get there and the roost has been sold to pay debts...

COBO Member    3,354
7 hours ago, abigfatzero said:

Talking to someone the other day, his brother retired early from government with a six figure monthly pension, and, whose wife, also a ex-government employee, also retired early with a six figure monthly pension.

How many more of our EMPLOYEES are retired with six figure monthly pensions........:angry:

A 6fig early retirement pension? I'd be jumpin' up on the table, droppin' my pants, and doin' a dance!

Groove    1,959

And his is what happens when a city goes full demoncrat. 

apache54    4,942
10 hours ago, abigfatzero said:

Also that comptroller says you have to have a budget, well how long has it been since the fed's have had a budget? the whole political realm has all turned into a big SMELLY SCAM of CRAP!!